billyupeng's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 28th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Connect to in-home WiFi to watch

Hi, I was trying to use Xfinity Stream app to watch live TV. Whenever I click a channel, I get this "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch" message. I am at home, and connected to my home WiFi. I tried un-install the Steam app and re-install it; I tried log out of the Stream app and log back on, but still it doesn't work. I need some help. Thanks!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@billyupeng wrote:

Hi, I was trying to use Xfinity Stream app to watch live TV. Whenever I click a channel, I get this "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch" message. I am at home, and connected to my home WiFi. I tried un-install the Steam app and re-install it; I tried log out of the Stream app and log back on, but still it doesn't work. I need some help. Thanks!

have you recently changed out he gateway movem? moved?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi, Rustyben, 

No, I didn't move recently, nor did I change my modem. I actually had this problem for quite a while. But I used to be able to watch a few channels on the Stream app without even joining the "in-home" WiFi. Most recently, that also changed, it requires to join in the "in-home" WiFi for every live TV channel. I haven't been able to understand what the "in-home" WiFi is. I've always connected to my home WiFi. Clearly, Xfinity defines "in-home" very differently. Did you meet similar situations before? Thanks for your help. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@billyupeng wrote:

Hi, Rustyben, 

No, I didn't move recently, nor did I change my modem. I actually had this problem for quite a while. But I used to be able to watch a few channels on the Stream app without even joining the "in-home" WiFi. Most recently, that also changed, it requires to join in the "in-home" WiFi for every live TV channel. I haven't been able to understand what the "in-home" WiFi is. I've always connected to my home WiFi. Clearly, Xfinity defines "in-home" very differently. Did you meet similar situations before? Thanks for your help. 

with X1 you can normally stream all your channels on approved devices in the home connected to your own home X1 internet service (wifi or ethernet). Is your modem owned by you or an xfinity rental device?  on what device are you using the stream app?

Official Employee

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Hello @billyupeng - 

Is this issue still occurring for you? 

Thanks, 

Arlene 

Official Employee

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

Hello @billyupeng,

After looking further at your account, we can see that there is no active modem registered on your account. Not having a properly registered modem is prompting the current messaging you are receiving. Please contact 1-800-XFINITY for further assistance in properly registered on your account.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here