U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 17th, 2021 11:21 PM

Closed

CNN and MSNBC

Out of the blue and with no changes to my Xfinity subscription package, I am no longer able to log into live CNN and MSNBC to watch on my iPhone.  Now getting message that these channels are not in m package -  which is wrong. 

Xfinity  -  How does this get fixed?    All equipment is working fine.  And no issues with CNN and MSNBC on the TV itself. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_e0397a! I'm glad you reached out to us here on the Xfinity Forums for help with your app permissions. We certainly do not want you to miss out on your favorite streamed content, so we would love to help you figure this out! 

Can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you've already taken such as re-installing the app or checking to see if you can still watch these same channels on the Xfinity Stream app?

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

What happened? As of April 1, 2021 in late afternoon, I could no longer access CNN MSNBC FOXNEWS ESPN CNBC ...

WHY?

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

I tried restarting. Signing into Xfinity again via Firestick. No dice. No xfinity cable news as promised since last fall and i have used via Amazon firestick. What gives?

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

Same here . ‘Cept it started April 1, 2021. The throttling down and pixillating was always a problem

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @FallSapphire. I see you are in a similar situation; however, you've had picture issues while streaming. That is likely another problem not associated with the access of these channels. With that said, we can help with that as well. I understand you restarted the device and signed-in in again. Do you stream exclusively via the Firestick? Have you tried accessing your content with another device? If so, do you have the same issues there?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same problem, not able to live stream cnn or msnbc Lon iOS app, but it’s still available in my cable package

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello, @user_7d857a, I hope overall your day has been a good one. I apologize for the streaming issue. Is this happening on multiple iOS devices by chance or just one?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the the same issue.  I have a Samsung device. Any suggestions 

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

Hey there! I just checked on my Stream app via my mobile phone and both MSNBC and CNN were viewable. Have you already attempted closing out the window and reopening (or closing and reopening the app), trying a different browser, clearing cache and cookies, and rebooting the device completely? You are also receiving the error about the channels not being included in your subscription, correct @user_a9b08f? Are there other devices that the Stream app does allow you to view those channels on? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

You have to do too much work as an Xfinity customer. Cookies in cache, please. This is why people leave Xfinity, its all about you being their tech support, while all you want to do is watch TV. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

still can't sign into CNN, 4 months later\

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_85ac1f How are you accessing CNN and on what kind of device? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I think I figured it out. At least on my end.. I had an old Xfinity username and password was being cached somewhere in the Xfinity apps. I updated my TV provider user information in iOS and deleted the old username and password from any password keychain, but that did not salvia shoe. I re-download 4 all of the Xfinity apps in logged into those with my new username and password, and that fixed the CNN issue. I assume if you delete the CNN app or delete all of the Xfinity apps and reinstall them, that would fix the issue as well. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Starting yesterday, I was unable to access MSNBC on a Windows PC. Linked Xfinity as the provider and logged in, still getting this message.

Uh-oh. You need to add this network.

Your TV subscription does not include this network. Please contact your TV Provider about upgrading your service to get access.

I watch every day on my lunch hour and it just stopped working yesterday. What's up?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@ceedig

dont need Xfinity, go to MSNBC.com , all you need is internet. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@user_1ec6a6 That is the error I am getting from MSNBC.com...

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@ceedig Hi there, is the issue still happening? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue, unable to receive MSNBC via Xfinity Cable - Error code XRE-03121 - been like this for several days, no other noticeable problems - 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here