alawyn's profile

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

Sunday, June 28th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Closed Captioning always on by default on iPad. How do I turn it off?

This recently started in Xfinity Stream (XS), I think after a recent app update (?!). Every time I start a program it's on so I have to tap the settings and turn it off. Things I've tried unsuccessfully:

- Opened the iPad Settings, checked Accessibility > Subtitles & Captioning. Captioning was already turned off and always was, even when XS had it on by default.

- Opened iPad Settings and checked the App settings for XS. There was no way to adjust captioning there.

How do I set XS to always have captioning off??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@alawyn wrote:

This recently started in Xfinity Stream (XS), I think after a recent app update (?!). Every time I start a program it's on so I have to tap the settings and turn it off. Things I've tried unsuccessfully:

- Opened the iPad Settings, checked Accessibility > Subtitles & Captioning. Captioning was already turned off and always was, even when XS had it on by default.

- Opened iPad Settings and checked the App settings for XS. There was no way to adjust captioning there.

How do I set XS to always have captioning off??

you posted on another thread and got the answer to go to tv.xfinity.com then settings (gear) and accessability, then turn off the caption option. this affects the default on all streaming devices.

Official Employee

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

@alawyn 

Hello, are you still seeing this issue? 
If so, can you log out and log back in one more time and let me know if that resolved it? 

Thanks!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I still have this issue, can you please help?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the exact same issue with the iPad Xfinity stream app.  When I log into tv.xfinity.com >> gear icon >> accessibility, closed captioning is turned off. 

I can turn off cc within the app, but each time I change a channel on the app, closed captioning comes back. The smart fix would be a default option to turn off cc within the app.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same problem after upgrading xfinity stream on ipad in the last week. Please fix this bug. It is very annoying. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Kennedymil wrote:

I am having the exact same issue with the iPad Xfinity stream app.  When I log into tv.xfinity.com >> gear icon >> accessibility, closed captioning is turned off. 

I can turn off cc within the app, but each time I change a channel on the app, closed captioning comes back. The smart fix would be a default option to turn off cc within the app.

can you verify you are using the exact same username/password to sign in to both stream website (where you made the setting) and the iPad? did you try signing out of the app on the iPad and doing a hard shutdown of the ipad for 2 minutes or so and then reinstalling ans signing back into the streaming app on the ipad?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Deleting app, turning off iPad, rebooting, and reinstalling Xfinity Stream appears to have worked!  No CC for the time being..

Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

@johnzh @Brigel @alawyn hello - have you updated to the latest OS on your iOS devices? If not, please consider updating and then let us know if it resolves the CC issue you have been experiencing.

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

I’m writing to inform you that the issue with Closed Captioning turning on automatically is addressed in the newest Stream app iOS release 6.1.1. This update is being pushed to a small number of users first in a graduated release schedule however you can manually update your app via the app store to if you wish to resolve this sooner.

Thank you and have a great day.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here