A

Wednesday, December 20th, 2023 5:06 PM

Closed

Closed caption always on

I had xfinity installed on Dec. 16, 2023. Closed captioning is always on, and I have to go to my TV's settings to turn it off (even though it is OFF Ain settings). I have to turn it on then off each time I use the xfinity streaming on my LG TVs. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

9 months ago

Hi, @Angelscout77! Thanks for taking the time to visit our forums page for help with the closed captioning always being on and having to turn it off each time you use the LG TV. As someone who likes to use the Stream app all the time, I understand the inconvenience that this can cause. Let's get this fixed. Have you checked if you are experiencing this issue on multiple devices?

2 Messages

I have three LG TVs, and this happens on all of them.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Angelscout77, Gotcha! This is a known issue that we're aware of, and our engineers are working hard to get this corrected for everyone as soon as possible. One user did report that following these steps helped their issue: 

"Try backing out of all apps, go to settings, go to device care, manage storage, select the infinity app, clear cache. Then go back into the Xfinity app and start a program. CC is defaulted to on, so pause the program and at the bottom of the screen arrow over to cc, turn it off. The rest of the programs started without cc on."

Again, this is a known issue we are working to resolve, but these steps may help in the meantime. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Have your engineers resolved this issue yet? I have the same issue on multiple devices.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@Anon1106946 I am not showing an update at this time. Have you tried backing out of all apps, go to settings, go to device care, manage storage, select the infinity app, clear cache. Then go back into the Xfinity app and start a program. CC is defaulted to on, so pause the program and at the bottom of the screen arrow over to cc, turn it off. The rest of the programs started without cc on.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here