Mlcottingham's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 28th, 2023 2:51 PM

Closed

Chronic issues with Xfinity Stream on Roku device

I am running app version 6.14.0 on my Roku Streambar [software version 12.5.0 Build 4178] and I have perpetual issues with the audio visual synchronization (audio ahead of picture).  This is most notable if I'm watching a DVR recording... particularly General Hospital. 

I'm also seeing the fast forward issue that others have noted... that the recording basically becomes corrupt if I try to fast forward. 

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

9 months ago

Hello, @Mlcottingham thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have contacted the right place for assistance. I definitely understand wanting to get the Roku playback issue resolved, so you can enjoy your content. 

- Does the audio sync issues happen on other devices, or when you log into xfinity.com/stream?

If you haven't attempted to clear your Roku's cache/cookies you can do that following these steps, this is good to do occasionally to keep the Roku device working optimally: 

To clear your Roku's cache, select the "Home" menu, then press these keys on your remote: Home (5 times), Up (once), Rewind (2 times), and Fast Forward (2 times). Unplugging the power from your Roku TV or streaming device for a few moments will also clear the cache.

I also found this great article that shows it is a known issue with audio sync and Roku that we are still working on a full resolution, but it does have a workaround to resync audio and video: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/roku-sound-issues. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here