caevans10's profile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, December 18th, 2022 5:03 PM

Closed

Casting to chromecast disconnects after 4 sec

It seems like this issue has been going on for quite some time but I am just now finding the issue today so I can  cast to my chromecast for about 4 seconds then it disconnects. I've restarted everything possible that you can imagine I even unplugged my TV nd reset my vizio TV.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the xfinity streaming app again it will connect but then it disconnects 4 seconds later. This is only the xfinity app I can cast any other app and it will not disconnect only the xfinity app please advise on what to do?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I’ve been having the same issue for about two weeks now. I couldn’t find any solution. I’ve soft reset & factory reset my tv, unplugged the gateway for 5 minutes, uninstalled/reinstalled xfinity app…nothing has worked.

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

Hi, @user_026e32. We're happy to assist. Can you please click the Direct Messaging icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first and last name and address so we may further assist you.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

How about instead of fixing  The issue in private messaging you post the answer here so everyon,e can use it

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityBiancaB​ Thank you. I’ve provided my information in the chat. 

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Hi, @

caevans10

When personal information is needed to troubleshoot, a private message request will be the next step. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the same problem.....   just started a week or so ago.  I've also tring all of the above and it's still not working. 

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, I hope you are having a great day! Please send me a private message with your full name and full address. I can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@XfinityCrystal​ I'm not sure if it went through.  I did what you said. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityCrystal​ There is no chat icon next to the bell in the top right corner of my screen. Is there another way to contact you? Can I email someone? Thanks.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@XfinityCrystal​ Not working......

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@dawnpuls

• Here's how to send that message;
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary.

Click the "Direct Message" icon  in the upper right corner or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging  

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon.

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window.

Press Enter to send it.

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Still not working......  what's going on?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

We have had this same problem since Dec 14th.  Ithas screwed up Christmas due to our belief that we would be ablle to cast from Xfinity while we were visiting family.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

There's something wrong with casting Xfinity Stream to a Vizio Smartcast TV. I can cast to my LG, no problem, but when I can cast to a Vizio tv with smartcast built-in, it drops in about 4 seconds. I can cast to the Vizio from YouTube and Spectrum TV app, but Xfinity doesn't like Vizio. It's not the TV its Xfinity. It's like it can't hold on to the handshake for more than a few seconds. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@MTGArt​ I also gave a Vizio with Chromcast built in. I wonder if the Tv is the problem 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

It's on Xfinity.  They say they are "working" on it.....  it's been weeks.  It's on them.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here