U

Thursday, August 8th, 2024 12:01 PM

Can't watch live TV on Roku streaming box. Apple TV doesn't work at all

Hello,

I have Xfinity home internet and a streaming package:

1) I can access live TV and other content on the Xfinity flex box streaming device

2) Apple TV does not initialize. It tells me I must be connected to my home internet

3) In Roku the app starts but only shows purchased TV shows, not live TV

I use an Arris Cable modem and Netgear R8000P router. Also tried rebooting router, modem, ROKU and Apple and uninstalling and reinstalling the APP - no change.

The apps on Apple and ROKU seem to think I'm not connected to my Xfinity cable internet (which I am). 

Any help appreciated. 

Official Employee

• 

954 Messages

1 month ago

Hello user_nwrgtz. Please make sure the devices are on your private in home internet network for live TV.

3 Messages

Thanks William. 

Yes they're connected a network I have set up on my Netgear router which is plugged into my cable modem. The Comcast flex box is connected to the same Wi-Fi and that works.

I do only have a basic streaming package but I think even this should work?

Official Employee

• 

954 Messages

This might be the issue user_nwrgtz. You must have basic cable services that allow live TV, in order to view live TV on the Streaming App. If you only have our internet services and some streaming services (Apple, Netflix, Paramount), you will not be able to watch live TV.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here