jmar76's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

Can't set recordings from stream app

So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@irish4ut wrote:

Can I schedule a X1 DVR recording from my laptop or app when away from home?

no, currently someone at home would have to set the recording.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I just discovered this problem, and it just stinks! I hope there is a solution soon!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Due to a legal ruling? Awaiting legal appeal? Alternatively, perhaps you could pay the patent holder the requisite fees and restore the service. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

When will I be able to schedule my DVR from somewhere other than from my TV.  Currently I can't schedule to record anything or set up reminders from my computer or the Xfinity Stream app on my phone.  I REALLY miss this function.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I second this.  I used to be able to record nearly anything from anywhere just by browsing shows/movies from multiple platforms of xfinity (streaming, etc.).  Now, the function has been removed entirely and I do not like it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Can I set a recording from my cell phone

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Unable to set program recording from Xfinity Stream App?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@masorensen wrote:

Unable to set program recording from Xfinity Stream App?

please see post just prior to your post.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Use to be able to do this before X1....

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

What is current status of legal situation about recording future programming from an Iphone?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Hi

Why did Comcast chose to disable this feature? It was very useful to be able to set a recording when you realized you were going to miss something while out.

Mitch

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why can't I set up a show to be recorded via My Xfinity Online accout?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

How do yo set dvr to record a program when away from home?  I have the remote app and find the program I want to record but don’t see option to set recording.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

Comcast was found in violation of another company's patent for that feature. See employee ComcastJessie's reply in http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Can-t-set-recordings-from-stream-app/m-p/3006430#M10834:

... Due to a legal ruling, for the foreseeable future we are removing the remote scheduling of DVR recording features. ...

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How do I set a TV recording remotely (not at home)?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here