jmar76's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

Can't set recordings from stream app

So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Major inconvenience.

I could set remote recordings from the DirecTV website in 2007.

TEN YEARS AGO.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

The removal of the remote DVR recording capabilities; has many of us looking for other choices/alternatives.  I have spent five different phone calls today - explaining to Comcast how this effects the customer.  Comcast does not want to discuss the results of the lawsuit with the Tivo Folks.  Comcast does not want to recognize the fact of how many customers set and managed their DVR remotely.  Comcast will not give anybody credit for having to purchase a Tivo box and sign up for service. I was one of the first customers to sign up for X1.  At the time; we were charged to upgrade equipment. We all signed contracts.  Evidently Comcast doesn't care if they did not inform us of the App change.  Many of us spent hours; thinking it was our devices problem.  Guess what would happen if I tried to get out of a contract early.  Please share any of your thoughts that I didn't cover.  Thanks for listening!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

The removal of the remote DVR recording capabilities; has many of us looking for other choices/alternatives.  I have spent five different phone calls today - explaining to Comcast how this effects the customer.  Comcast does not want to discuss the results of the lawsuit with the Tivo Folks.  Comcast does not want to recognize the fact of how many customers set and managed their DVR remotely.  Comcast will not give anybody credit for having to purchase a Tivo box and sign up for service. I was one of the first customers to sign up for X1.  At the time; we were charged to upgrade equipment. We all signed contracts.  Evidently Comcast doesn't care if they did not inform us of the App change.  Many of us spent hours; thinking it was our devices problem.  Guess what would happen if I tried to get out of a contract early.  Please share any of your thoughts that I didn't cover.  Thanks for listening!

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I wish they would tell us something, burns my but. I use to get caller ID on my PC but they stoped that without telling us.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

This is really annoying - we have TV, internet, and phone all with comcast - but this was an important feature they took away - has anyone found another provider with any signup incentives - I'm just south of San Francisco

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello BH85, please read my or ComcastShanes post on this thread for more information regarding the recording feature being removed from our app. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I don't have the option to set recordings online anymore. What happened?

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

The recent ITC ruling orders Comcast to stop importing any cable boxes which include the capability to use the remote streaming and recording feature the allegedly infringed patent protects. Comcast’s response was to eliminate the feature. Why? Why not let us with existing boxes continue using the the apps full capabilities.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

i am no longer giving a option to record a show from my app! i can watch the show.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I just discovered that with Xfinity you cannot now set a recording from a device (pc/phone/tablet).  I don't recall any notice of this, and I feel that it is unfair since, when I signed up for my plan, this was a feature that I wanted.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

WOW!  Big loss of functionality and convenience.

@jmar76 wrote:
So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Looks like to me that Comcast needs to disable my charges for a few months, too, then. Not a lot of reason to have a DVR box if you can't set recordings. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

That’s very disappointing! I will be contacting Comcast to renegotiate my monthly bill. They take away something from me,and I will take my business elsewhere

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

i used to be able to search a program from my computer while at work and hit record and now the record series button isn't there, it just wants me to watch online.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why? In detail. This makes the app almost useless. The recordings on my DVR appear on my recordings list in the app so what possible difference could it make whether the command for recording comes from the app or DVR? This is one very unhappy customer.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here