gk1227's profile

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

Sunday, June 27th, 2021 12:27 PM

Closed

Cannot Log In

Cannot log on to the Xfinity Stream app.  I receive endless "Invalid ID or Password" messages.  I have no problem logging into the X1 Remote and My Account apps.  OS=Android 11.  Phone=Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

3 years ago

Solved the issue of the inability to log in to the stream and Xfinity apps. Both apps apparently call Chrome to execute the log in process. That's apparently true regardless of the default browser set by the phone (as I have Samsung Internet as my default). Chrome apparently was loaded on the new phone with javascript set to "blocked" by default. Since I don't use Chrome, it was never an issue with the phone in the two months I've had it. It was enabled in Samsung Internet. Both the Xfinity and stream apps apparently require javascript to be enabled in order to log in. Without javascript enabled in Chrome, the apps were unable to log in. Testing for javascript enabled is easy. Both apps should be reporting an error message if that's a requirement.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

3 years ago

Still unable to log in.  Same issues.  At this point, tech support is going around in circles asking the same questions over and over again.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem.  My box, SN starting in X71, connects to the gateway, then asks me to login to my xfinity account.  I've been on with support forever, no reasonable action.  I'm convinced it is a problem identified when the service was initially installed that I had an old account, years ago, and the system will not accept the login for my new account (wants the old account login).  The agents follow their script, will not or cannot look at data problems, and are sending a new box, that I'm sure will not fix the problem.  Then they will want $100 to send an 'expert' to my house and they will get someone to make the login work, as happened when the installation was first done.  I'll cancel before paying.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @LukeB93. Thanks for reaching out about needing help with your login. For future reference, it is better to submit your own post for help as it creates a ticket to get help, and sometimes posting on an old thread can delay getting help. We definitely want to make sure the correct steps are taken to get you service and our Twitter team has all the tools to do that(same as us) and I am confident they can make sure the work gets done as fast as possible. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi, @gk1227. I would love the opportunity to help you log into the Xfinity Stream app. Please send me a private message with your first and last name as well as your full service address by using the Peer to Peer chat icon is located at the top right of the page. Clicking on the chat icon will bring up a chat box that will allow you to initiate the chat conversation.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here