U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 14th, 2023 1:49 PM

Closed

Buffering

I’ve had this internet service for -1 month. It’s been awful so far with first being given a bad modem, worked for a week then no service after speaking with customer w in Asia (imagine that). Then no service for 5 days waiting on a service call. No bill adjustments but charges for a full month as if I had no problems. Now it’s buffering with flashes of no internet connection. Today, it’s constant buffering. As I said, awful.

Problem Solver

• 

311 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_4980b8 I'm very sorry that you've encountered issues with your internet services, my team would like to assist.

Can you please send our team a direct message [private message]:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Need instructions on how to fix buffering on xfinity stream app

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings, @user_d8eef6! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Xfinity Stream app, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

Video buffering can be caused by a lot of different issues, but in most cases, it is due to the strength and speed of your internet connection. I know my own Xfinity Stream app tends to buffer a lot when I use mobile data for the connection, but as soon as I get home and connect to my WiFi network, it works just fine. Additionally, some devices will just buffer more than others, depending on their age, connection, and settings. My son has an old Fire Tablet that buffers regardless of how he's connected, but his TV never has an issue. The most important thing is to make sure your device and app are both updated to the latest version possible, and make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity is sucking says no internet I have internet 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_d8eef6. Were you able to get connected? Typically, if you are seeing there is no active connection a quick reboot of the modem should do the trick. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here