U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 15th, 2022 10:41 PM

Closed

Blurry Stream App

I've seen multiple posts on here regarding the same issue I'm experiencing with blurry Xfinity Stream resolution while any and all other apps are beautiful, therefore not a bandwidth problem. Any potential solution seem to involve sending a direct message to xfinity support via this forum. However, according to other previous threads, the direct message feature isn't available to anyone who hasn't posted anything before, lol. So can I please have my direct message feature enabled, and/or my picture resolution issues fixed? Too many hoops to jump through 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

NFL CBS broadcast is currently airing on Paramount+. Xfinity Stream app picture is noticeably worse while Paramount picture is gorgeous. How and why is this possible? 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_36c5a0 Hello and thank you for using out Xfinity Community Forums to let us know you are experiencing issues. There are many factors that could result in picture quality issues. May I ask what type of device you are using to access the stream app? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Xfinity Streaming Beta App just made me upgrade it on my 55" 4K Samsung TV.  My gorgeous 4K Xfinity streaming that I've enjoyed for 2 years instantly went to very blurry.  My HD channels clear up a little bit, but any motion is still unwatachably blurry (impossible to watch sports).  All of my other streaming apps (Netflix, Prime, Youtube, half a dozen others) are crystal clear and my Google bandwidth test shows 633Mbps download speeds.  

It's clear that the new Xfinity Beta App changed with a meaningful degradation in picture quality.  Whatever it is, we all need a patch to fix this.  Hope this situation finds a speedy resolution.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I’ve done lots of testing with various apps and smart TV’s and internet speeds.  The problem is with the Xfinity Beta App.  It has been Beta for several years. They obviously cannot seem to figure out how to fix it.  So use the app for the flexibility it allows, but don’t expect it to provide  good high quality image.    If you want to watch a sport or movie, where the image quality matters, don’t use the Xfinity Beta App.   Log into the network app for sports (using your Xfinity TV account) or find the movie on Amazon, Netflix, Disney or AppleTV. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

im having exactly the same problem

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Xfinity tells you to download the app and get rid of your box but they don't tell you that its like watching TV through a fishbowl.  So disappointing, but doesn't surprise me.  The app does not work properly.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_b50756. We never position the app over X1 box and only recommend the app over a box when it is best for a specific situation. There is known issue with Samsung TV's, but if you have issues you would like to work on we always want to do what we can. The best option is always checking things over and putting in a ticket to bring attention. The more tickets we get the better. Let me know if you would like to work on it. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

My update on this is that I had to get the network speed up to above 300MB.    I currently have 1GB internet, with 500MB of Wi-Fi speed, and the blurry issues have been resolved.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Im having he same issues.  Anytime i watch live tv with sports, it gets blurry and it stops from time to time.  seems to be getting worst over the last few months.

I may need to switch. They are still using a Beta version ove the last couple years and have not changed yet.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi @user_511f2f,

We would be more than happy to assist with the picture quality issues you may be experiencing. Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the application on your device? Would you also be able to provide the make and model of the device you are using the Xfinity Stream application on as well as if your device is connected wirelessly or hard wired with an Ethernet cable? We hope to hear from you soon. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here