U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, November 13th, 2022 11:58 PM

Closed

Blurry Action on Samsung

Similar issue as many folks have stated.  I am using the app on my Samsung TV and all action is blurry. I know there was talk of a patch being out in a while back, has that update been pushed?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, can you try the app on a different device? Could you potentially provide images of the blurry app for me?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT​ hi Anthony.  This is the only device that I have using the app.  I don’t think a picture will show much as the issue is that motion while watching the app is blurry.   Similar to the many many other comments over the last year regarding the app.   

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Oh this is motion blur, gotcha. Most Samsung tv's have a setting built in for this.

1. Navigate to Settings > Picture  > Expert Settings Auto Motion Plus Settings (Picture Clarity Settings).

2. The default setting is Auto. This means the feature automatically turns on and off based on the type of program being watched.

3. Select Auto Motion Plus (Picture Clarity) to change the setting to either Off or Custom.

If you select Custom, three additional options are available:

• Blur Reduction: Use the directional keys on the remote to adjust the Blur setting.

• Judder Reduction: Use the directional keys on the remote to adjust the Judder setting.

• LED Clear Motion: This option allows you to configure the LED backlight to sharpen fast-moving images. Select to turn On or Off.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

thanks.  I have the auto motion settings set correctly.  This is an issue only happening with the xfinity app and not when using the tv with any other app. 

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

There are currently no settings to adjust the blur in the Stream app itself for your Samsung TV. We can certainly pass along feedback on your behalf.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityNico​ this was an issue for a long time reported in many other instances.  Was it fixed or is just the same issue continued? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have tried everything that was talked about in the post. Still not working sports are horrible to watch

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

We appreciate your feedback, is this using the Samsung TV as well? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Having the same issue with an LG tv. Streaming Showtime through xfinity stream app is off and on blurry. Paying for 800mbs internet. 

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

@

I am so sorry to hear about your tv, but we are happy to help! This post is from November of last year, are you able to make a new one so we can make sure everyone sees the answer when we figure this out for you? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tried everything above yesterday. Horrible blur in sports on Xfinity Stream. Not other sports apps. 

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

@user_fdb237 I'm sorry you are having issues while using our Stream app. This post is from November of last year, are you able to make a new one, so we can make sure everyone sees the answer when we figure this out for you? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have tried everything suggested and have the same issue on a Samsung TV. It has been happening for close to a year and  they only way to fix it is to power cycle the TV each time. This only happens with Xfinity app. All other apps work fine. Comcast has a building of engineers so its unacceptable that have not provided a fix. It should be easy replicated. Don't be surprised that they say its a Samsung issue even though all other apps work fine.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here