U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 21st, 2023 9:59 PM

Closed

Audio/video out of sync on xfinity stream using roku

The audio and video on our tv is out of sync on xfinity stream while using a roku.  No other apps are having this issue.  Since xfinity stream does not work on Sony Bravia TV’s we have no other option than streaming via a roku.  Xfinity is going to lose customers as this problem is getting worse.  When the xfiinty stream platform was in beta this problem did not exist.  Please fix this or you will lose us as a customer.

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

1 year ago

There was an Xfinity app update the other day. The app is now V6.13 build 0. I was hopeful but started again. The live news channels are horrible. I like msnbc but can't tolerate constantly backing out of program to get audio/video back in sync. Seems to happen more after a stupid commercial. Though yesterday while watching morning Joe while Mika was talking it happened. The audio was in FF like it was trying in catch up. The problem is the audio starts before the mouth moves. It Happens after commercials and if there is a little glitch in the video. Say a sec or so. I can get MSNBC through NBC without problems, but I can't tolerate the same 3 commercials that play 4x in a row. Stupid! I can watch morning Joe through peacock without a problem but that's the only program that they want to give us live. I don't know if its Xfinity app or modem but I'm tired of it. I just went back to cable, but the boxes are so slow, rebuilt. One wouldn't turn on so we returned it for another and the second one act like it wasn't going let me load my apps like max, etc. All my other apps work on Roku Its just Xfinity. They should have left it beta version. At least it worked. My husband wants to look else well. Praying for a new broad band co. in our area so we can finally be done with comcast. Yes, loyal since 1985 for what reason I don't know. But looking around.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there @user_c242f8 We'd love to help improve this Roku experience for you as much as possible. Since Xfinity Stream is an internet-based service, have you gone through our troubleshooting steps for internet services? When the sync issues appears, does it result in full freezing or channel blackout? We're always here to help, and you can also reach us directly via this platform. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:

•To send a direct message (private message);

Click "Sign In" if necessary.

Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right corner or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon.

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window.

Press Enter to send it.

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

[Permission from and credit given to BruceW].

Visitor

• 

20 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity stream app has video/audio issues on Roku. I Have taken numerous modems back and exchanged thinking that is the problem, because they get so hot, I could fry an egg. Because of my numerous visits to the store A Comcast tech came to my house yesterday. He was very nice and changed the end to cable going into modem. Took out a booster that a comcast tech put in a few yrs ago. Did something at cable box outside. All good till this morning. The audio and video have been out of sync since this morning. I am paying 192$ for cable and internet. I'm so tired of this mess. My Roku tv I purchased in 2017 streamed cable through the streaming app without problems. We Drop cable in January but decided to go back about 3 weeks ago or more and nothing but problems. I'm constantly backing out of MSNBC and going back to program to fix it but just goes right back. All day I have been watching audio ahead of video. If it isn't fixed by Monday, I'm getting rid of cable and going to try and look for different internet service. Tired of posting on Roku and Xfinity. The Xfinity app don't work on any of my TV's or Roku 4K+.

Official Employee

• 

956 Messages

Hello @user_036db3. I can only imagine how frustrating it is when the audio and video are not lined up with each other. We can take a closer look and provide some troubleshooting steps. Please send us a provide message with your full name and full service address.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here