U

Thursday, July 4th, 2024 4:30 AM

Audio/Video on Xfinity Stream App Go Out Of Sync

I have had this issue constantly over the past three months using the Xfinity stream app on my phone to watch recordings. The audio/video somewhere in the middle of almost all recordings go out of sync and it's how the DVR recording stays - almost like an issue with the Xfinity Stream app itself (and I've had this issue across different phones & tablets, all while using the Xfinity Stream app). Please, fix this issue - it makes using the service much less enjoyable and, if anything, encourages me to look elsewhere for cable/internet providers.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hey there, @user_0bbf87! Thanks for creating a post with your Xfinity Stream App concerns. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had, and I'd love to look into this for you! Checking known issues, I'm not seeing current reports matching the issue you've outlined, so reporting it (if we can't resolve it remotely) is definitely the next best step to take! First, may I know what troubleshooting you've tried so far? Either with the app itself like force-closing, uninstalling and reinstalling, or the device(s) you use the most (clearing cache/cookies, restarting, etc.). This will give us an idea for the extent of your concern. Thank you!

5 Messages

Hi, I've force closed the app, uninstalled/reinstalled, clearing background data - none of it does anything. Nor does any of those actions actually matter as it's an issue with the DVR recording, but only while watching on the Stream app (don't have the issue on the cable box). I was watching a recent recording where the audio fell out of sync, I uninstalled/reinstalled, then reloaded the recording and the sync issue occured at the exact same point. That shows it's an unresolved issue with the app on recordings and it's lasted for MONTHS. Across all sorts of recordings. I'm at the point where I'm looking at alternatives to Xfinity as this is subpar service.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

@user_0bbf87

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Hi, sorry, following up as I didn't get a notice of a reply to my reply - but why can't this issue be resolved publicly so other who have this issue know a solution? 

5 Messages

Also, this issue keeps popping up, but for some reason only on select channels when recorded, which is quite odd

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here