U

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, June 13th, 2023 12:10 PM

Closed

Audio and video out of sync

It seems that xfinity app does not work with roku sticks. Audio and video get out of sync. xfinity does not seem to want to take ownership of this problem.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

I am sorry for the continued issues with the Roku and our App. Roku has confirmed this is an issue on their end, and they are working to resolve it. However, they have not provided any ETA at this time. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and you may be able to view your content via another compatible device where sound is not affected. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

I don’t accept this answer. Please post proof the roku believes this is their problem.

if you ask me xfinity is pointing fingers and deflecting a problem they should own.

xfinity is at risk of false advertising their app works with roku. 

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@user_c73829​ And there's the proof, it's been 11 days and another blank screen , "NO ANSWER" !

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having same issues with the audio being out of synch and I too agree it’s Xfinity’s issue!  My Roku worked just fine until XFinity stopped using their beta version and upgraded their app to current/final version.  I’ve spent hours on the phone speaking to customer service reps who don’t even acknowledge they know of this issue being reported and instead have me do time-consuming and useless delete/reload app steps, to no avail.  I’ve been told my complaint has been elevated to Tier 3 and am supposed to get a call back from their actual app division.  I’ll believe it when I see it!    Grrrrrrrr

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_969451

Xfinity has about 17.5 million cable tv subscribers.  What percent of those subscribers are Xfinity Stream users?  I’m guessing 1%, but you pick a number.

Of that 1% who use Xfinity Stream, what percent of them recognize a “Roku-like” problem?

Of those who recognize one of our problems, what percent are not satisfied with continually re-booting their modem or router, smart tv, or streaming device (Roku or similar)? 

Of those now left, what percent will take action by contacting Xfinity or participating in Xfinity forums?

What percent of the 17.5 million subscribers are left who have expressed hopes of a swift solution to Xfinity /Stream problems?  I fear your hopes are not realistic.  It takes a mountain of subscribers (or non-Xfinity authority) to redirect funds from in-place business plans to problem solving projects.

Who will best solve your problem?  Look in the mirror.

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

1 year ago

Proof from Roku that this is not a Roku issue, this was today:

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your response. We will do investigation on this issue. For this issue we have tried all the trouble shooting steps to many customer but none seems to be working also our investigating team has checked on it and with Roku there seems to be no issue. As the other applications doesn't seems to have any issue because Roku is a software and If Roku software is having issue the other app should also have the same issue. I hope this helps you to understand the issue and I hope you will take a proper action by contacting Xfinity as they are the developer of their channel.

Thank you for choosing Roku. Have a nice day!

Regards,
Akash
Roku Customer Support

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here