U

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Monday, June 12th, 2023 5:13 PM

Closed

Audio and video out of sync

When using xfinity app to watch a channel (e.g. CNN, CNBC, NBC) audio and video get out of sync.

This does mot happen when watching using the CNN app, CNBC app or NBC app.

Seems clearly to be a problem with xfinity app. I have been using xfinity app for several years and never had a problem with the beta version.

xfinity technical support on phone and visiting the home were useless in solving the problem.

xfinity technical support is a zero star service and in general my rating of xfinity as a whole is near zero star. 

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

1 year ago

@

user_c73829  Thank you for reaching out regarding your audio concerns. Roku has confirmed this is an isue on their end and they are working to resolve it but it may be several months before a fix is implemented. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and you may be able to view your content via another compatible device where sound is not affected. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@XfinityShan​ 

No it is not according to xfinity field tech and the xfinity wifi sales rep.

Please provide proof that this is a roku issue and that roku is working on the fix. Additionally please provide proof that xfinity and comcast are no long compatible with roku.

Seems to me this response from xfinity is baseless.

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

@XfinityShan​ Its NOT a Roku issue it is clearly a Comcast issue they need to fix there streaming app ASAP! 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Well, if no other apps in Roku have syncing problems but only xfinity’s do, then it’s clear that it’s not a Roku problem.

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

1 year ago

The issue on Xfinity Stream app being out of sync is with NBC and MSNBC and CNBC all channels owned by Comcast fix this asap!

1 Message

This continues to be a problem over the past year on NBC using XFINITY provided DVR equipment.  It dopesn’t happen with any other channel I watch

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@user_91zt9p So sorry to hear this. I'd be happy to help, to get started please send us a direct message with your full name and address.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I too am experiencing this problem every 1 to5 minutes. If its roku that is the problem they should post that they are having problems. CNN just got totally distorted.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

If it’s a roku problem then xfinity customer service and advanced technical service shouls be aware of this issue when you contact them for phone support. Also when xfinity send technicians to your house 3 times you would think they would know the known issues.

xfinity kaos, left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

So I plan to head over to best buy to get a fire stick and see if it has issues.

I can’t deal with unknown fix dates if this is a roku issue. Perhaps xfinity needs to indicate xfinity app is not compatible with roku while most/all other apps are compatible with roku.

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

1 year ago

Its NOT a Roku issue as people with Amazon Fire are having same issue with Xfinity App comcast needs to fix this ASAP

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here