S

Saturday, June 29th, 2024 10:17 PM

Apple TV Xfinity Stream Audio Cutout

So I am tired of having to call in every month to request a credit for the Xfinity Stream app because I'm constantly dealing with the audio cutting out for 2-3 seconds every 5-10 mins. The AppleTV is hardwired to an ethernet connection. It happens on all channels. Do not experience any problems with audio on any other apps on the AppleTV only the Xfinity Stream app. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for posting on our community forums, SteveGDubV. I'm sorry to hear about the Xfinity Stream App Audio issues. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Is your TV up to date with the latest iOS? 

3 Messages

I’m also having this problem. Spent about 40 minutes on a chat with Xfinity rep and tried everything he suggested: uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream app, resetting the Apple TV 4K box and none of it helped. I’m not a software engineer but even I can figure out there’s an issue with the app. Would be great if Xfinity acknowledged the issue and worked to fix it. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_h8a6dx Good morning! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team regarding your Xfinity Stream App. I can definitely see how this would be frustrating. I'm happy to assist you in getting in the right direction for a resolution. To begin, can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the name on your account, the service address, and the User ID you are using for your Xfinity Stream App?

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

20 days ago

Same problem here. The dropouts seem to have started in the last month or so.  I have 4 Apple TV boxes - 3 on Ethernet, one on WiFi. They all have this problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Anon1529154, Hi! Thanks for reaching out to XFINITY. As a fan of Apple devices, I understand the inconvenience those audio dropouts can cause when trying to enjoy entertainment on Apple boxes. I am sorry to learn about this experience. You've come to the right place. We are a dedicated team of experts committed to resolving audio issues such as this. We can help. To get this fixed, would you mind confirming the model of your Apple TV boxes and what type of audio connection you're using? Are you experiencing this issue on multiple streams or just one specifically?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here