KenGoe's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 3rd, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

Apple TV with Xfinity Stream app

I installed Apple TV and linked it to my Visio TV.  I registered my Xfinity account in Apple TV but I cannot see any live channels,  Example:  I can watch NBC news on Apple TV but it’s a day old version.   I can watch live NBC on the iPad but not on Apple TV.

What do I neeed to do to watch live TV on Apple TV?

thank you, 

Ken

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Totally agree. Xfinity has a LOT of work to do to make streaming on Roku or Apple a really seamless experience.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

I agree. Even if they have one ready. Apple doesn’t want it. They have their own. And its becoming better with every updates.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Super agree, anyone that knows anything about Apple IOS knows this.  Since there is already a stream app for phones and ipad's that is at least %90 of the work done.  This is very stupid.  They are doing this on purpose for some reason.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

"They are doing this on purpose for some reason."

Absolutely. This is no mere oversight, to be sure. My guess as to the real reason would probably be something to do with a behind-the-scenes exclusivity agreement with Roku, or that Apple won't let them collect/mine all of the data that they are wanting from customers. They can't forgo the iPhones/iPads without looking like they are falling behind the competition, but they can spite Apple's privacy stance with the smaller Apple TV audience.

You know with Comcast it is something like that...

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

You did not mention why you do not support it.  Was this a technology issue or just a business decision.  

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Mrmarket, 

Any partnership with Apple-Apple TV has not been announced at this time. 

Ken

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

I'll reach out to my connections in engineering for clarity. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

That’s not what was asked. Read the question again.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Although I am new to the Comcast footprint and I am very pleased with my HSI experience, I had no desire to pay to rent a useless physical cable box, nor do I need the gimmick of a remote. I assumed Comcast, the major player in the cable industry, would have a streaming app for my AppleTV. Nope! And by the look of it, you have no plans to serve those of us with an AppleTV (perhaps because Charter entered into an agreement with them instead of you?). So, instead of getting another cable subscriber in a dog-eat-dog world, I’ll go with Hulu plus or maybe the horrible DirectNow (at least they try) until Apple announces what they will offer in the fall. This also makes it more likely for you to lose HSI subscribers when other options make it to their neighborhood.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

I tried hulu live for a week. It’s super fast, no delay loading channels , much better HD quality and i really like their GUI. I will try fubotv next as they do include 4k live broadcasting.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Haven’t tried Fubu yet. I use Apple TV with Hulu and Netflix. I also stream CBS live and HBO. Would rather use xfinity streaming, but clearly the aren’t interested in the Appleverse and I don’t like roku’s remote or interface.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why not?

Do you want Apple users to dump your service?

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

If i m not mistaken i was told by an agent. That you will need to keep a dvr box to do so. Roku doesn’t record anything on the device. But all other streaming services like sling, hulu do have dvr cloud service.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I thought you could record shows on the Xfinity Stream app on the Roku device? I see screenshots and help articles online that say you can do it, but I don't see that option on any of the shows. Did you pull the Record option out of the app?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Heck! I’d just be happy if they let me stream (AirPlay) their stuff from my iPhone. They won’t even let you do that.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here