pauldrue's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, May 2nd, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Amazon Prime Video Channel Problem

I have a PGA Tour Live Channel subscription on Amazon Prime. I am trying to access the live channel through Xfinity on my TV.. It says there is an internet connection problem. I am able to access the live channel on a laptop and phone, and through the apps on my Sony smart TV,  but not via Comcast. Any ideas?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

All day yesterday, my Xfinity Prime Video was getting the Internet Error (my smart TV Prime Video app was fine).  I called and talked to support and they suggested:

1. restart my router (not my cable modem).  My router has no connection to my TV box.

2. restart my TV box (couldn't at that time)

3. remove the Prime Video app and reinstall it. (I don't see how to remove the Prime Video app from the Xfinity menus)

This morning I had time to restart my TV box and now the issue is resolved.  Unfortunately, I didn't verify that it was still occurring before I restarted the box.  Others having this Prime Video Internet Error might try restarting their TV boxes to see if that clears the issue.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

I, too, was experiencing this issue sporadically with MLB TV thru Xfinity Prime Video.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having the same problem. I had this problem last weekend as well. I could get the feed on my computer. The TV had audio but no video. This is really frustrating. I have been watching this stream since January. There must have been some type of block put on by Xfinity?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I have had the same issues. I can access Prime Video for all my other viewings (movies/tv shows), this PGA Tour Live channel is getting an internet connection error. The screen message suggested going to Amazon for issue solving, but I've had no success solving the problem. I too have been watching since the first of the year. And it started giving me problems a few weeks ago. I think it's on Xfinity/Comcast end for this particular channel perhaps.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

I have MLB.TV subscription thru Amazon Prime and when watching thru Xfinity, sporadically I get the Internet Error referring me to Amazon for troubleshooting.  I restart the Prime Video app and it generally is ok.  Today it is acting up, freezing and sometimes the Internet Error.  Could be there is an issue with the feeds between the Xfinity/Comcast network servers and the Amazon Prime servers.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

Question for Xfinity/Comcast agents:  When we use the Xfinity Prime Video app, is the stream we receive over the cable TV connection or over the internet connection?  The smart TV Amazon Prime app, of course, is using the internet connection only.

Update:  The Prime Video description on the Xfinity website says internet service is required on the account and the data used is counted for any account internet data limits.  So, it appears it may be using our internet connection for the stream.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks Joe. I rebooted the TV Box. After a few attempts, The app finally booted and I got the live feed to work.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

Good to hear.  My MLB.TV was working fine even though there were a few intermittent 'Internet Errors' that cleared themselves and the stream continued.  Sure would be nice if Xfinity/Comcast tech support would/could chime in here to help us understand why rebooting the TV box might be helping resolve the issue.  Software issue?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

Well, the Internet Connection Error came back and I was unable to access MLB.TV stream via the Xfinity Prime Video app.  I called support and was transferred to advanced tech support who I was on the phone with for over an hour.  They had me do this and that trying to eliminate/isolate what was working and not.  We determined that the Prime Video app itself was not working via the TV box as the Xfinity Pandora app worked fine and the Prime Video app on my smart TV was also fine. Finally, they recommended I take my TV box to the local Xfinity store and swap it out for a newer one with the suspicion that the 'older' box was having the issue with the Prime Video app.  I took my TV box, remote and power adapter and swapped them out with no charge.  The agent at the store said they had heard of this issue and knew that swapping boxes seemed to solve it.  They activated the new TV box on my account at the store and I was out the door in 5 mins.  I plugged it in back home and went thru the setup, accessed the Xfinity Prime Video app and after logging in to my Amazon account (and registering my TV) the app is accessing my MLB.TV subscription fine and streaming fine as well  I will monitor this, of course, but maybe this will eliminate the issue altogether.  Just restarting the TV box seemed to help somewhat, but swapping the box out hopefully did the trick permanently.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

Dang.  Worked fine for the first event I streamed on MLB.TV.  It was a replay of the Cards/Cubs game today.  I was able to fast forward to where I stopped watching live to take my TV box to the store.  I stopped watching at 7:10, figuring I can replay the finish later, and I wanted to watch the start of the Royals/Tigers game live via Prime Video.  I went back to the Home page of Apps and chose the new game to watch/stream via Prime Video.  Dang again.  INTERNET CONNECTION ERROR!!!  I cannot stream another new game without getting this error.  I went out of the app, back to live TV and then back into the app.  I can still stream the first event I viewed (Cards/Cubs) without issues, but subsequent events get that error.  I'll call tech support again to report this update.  Dang.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

Here's an update for anyone interested in the Xfinity Prime Video issues:

I called support again to report my results after replacing my TV box.  They wanted me to contact Amazon for troubleshooting but I refused.  Xfinity/Comcast is my provider, providing access to the Prime Video app and services beyond.  I asked to be transfered to advanced tech support who I had worked with earlier in the day.  After the transfer and re-description of my results we did some more tests and the tech did some more research for reports/outages.  He found and email of a COMCAST NATIONAL OUTAGE AFFECTING PRIME VIDEO with a duration of 2000+ hours.  It was NOT on their OUTAGE board so apparently the techs weren't aware of it.  We did a little more testing and found that accessing MLB.TV thru Xfinity Prime Video app, ONLY live events were affected, resulting in the INTERNET CONNECTION ERROR. Replaying ended events streamed fine.  He was forwarding this info to the group working the outage.  Geez.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Wow. You're nothing if not persistant. Haha. Thanks for getting into the details on this outage. Sounds like they're now onto something. I wondered if it was just the "live" events. I didn't have any other issues with Prime besides the live channels. Thanks for going to bat for all of us.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

They have a problem. Indeed a big one, COMCAST NATIONAL OUTAGE AFFECTING PRIME VIDEO (primarily in the NE US according to the level 2  person I spoke with)! They have NO idea how long it will take to fix. There was NO, nor has there been any, notification of the outage by xFinity and or Comcast.  The only way to know if it has been fixed is to go to Amazon Prime > to the program you want to watch > wait to see if loads or if  the internet connection error message appears. 

Pathetic.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hi all, 

We are aware of an internet connection error message issue associated with the Prime app on the X1 box. We are working on a fix. In the meantime, please send me a private message with your full name so I can attempt to troubleshoot. If I cannot resolve, I'll link your box to the firmware ticket engineering is working for the next firmware rollout to resolve this issue. We'll need to make sure your device levels are within specifications before we can move this to engineering. 

Thanks, 

Ken

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks, Ken.

I just sent you a PM.

Still this morning I am unable to access my PGA Tour LIve stream channel via the Prime Video app. Some times I get sound, but no video.  Thanks for the assist.

Paul

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here