U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, November 27th, 2022 2:57 PM

Closed

3rd party apps running slow on X1

Third party apps are running very slow when using x1. The same third-party apps run fine when using Roku or Amazon fire stick connected to the same system. I need a resolution asap.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

This is not a Xfinity Stream app issue. It happens when I use the 3rd party apps through X1.

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

@user_97a906 Thank you for reaching out to us through our Xfinity Forums Community, and thank you for your patience while awaiting our response. I understand you are having issues with 3rd party apps on X1 but not on Roku or Amazon. I know anytime I have issues with apps, I make sure to perform whole system power cycle. Unplug both modem and cable box. Power modem on first and then the cable box. Can you let me know if you have taken this step?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I power cycled the modem and the the cable box. Still have the same issues. What next?

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

@user_97a906 Thank you for reaching back and taking the steps to power cycle both modem and cable box. Can you share which apps you are having the issues with? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Paramount plus is the worst, very very slow and sometimes doesn’t load. Amazon prime loads but it’s response is slow. Netflix loads but it’s response is slow.

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Ok got it, thanks for confirming! My team would be more than happy to further look into and troubleshoot this on our end.

In order to get started can you please send us a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

2 years ago

I've always had the same issue and was looking around the forum when I saw this message.   This isn't a new issue but has always existed.  

I have a 6 year old XG1v3 box - is that the issue?  Are there newer set top boxes which are faster at running apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.?

Like the OP, apps run much faster on Roku and similar devices but I'd prefer to use the apps on the X1 box just because switching devices is complicated for other members of my family who are not technically inclined.  In fact the main reason I'm even keeping cable TV is because it's easier than using different devices and apps. 

My internet speed is fast (usually over 400mbps per xfinity speed test) so that's not the issue.   Don't know if there is a way to test my cable box connection speed or not.  

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

@Lsimon Thank you for bringing your experience with this set top box app issue to our attention here at the Xfinity Community Forums. I understand that the issue is not stemming from an Xfinity app, but apps from third parties such as Netflix, Hulu etc.

While it never hurts to replace a fairly old box for a newer model, the apps still should run to standard on your existing equipment. Were you able to attempt any of the troubleshooting steps asked about by Brian earlier in the conversation?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here