U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, April 1st, 2022 10:17 PM

Closed

Xfinity Rewards $150. Gift CardScam

I've been a Comcast customer for 27 years... As they point out to me every time I call , so I was happy to finally see a Rewards program for existing customers. Most of the stuff is junk, or an attempt to get you to sign up for a reward, that you have to pay for , but there were two gift card rewards that I was happy to apply for. One was $100 gift card for my "loyalty", which I signed up for back in January and received within a couple of weeks. At the same time, I applied for the  $150 gift reward by purchasing a new phone at the end of January....... it's the only form of a discount that existing customers can even get on a new phone while new customers get dramatic discounts. I confirm with them that it was in process the day I purchase the new phone... and that the reward would be sent. After 3 weeks of not receiving it I called the rewards customer service, who first made it clear they were not actually part of Comcast Xfinity (!) but that it might take 4 to 6 weeks to get this particular gift card (some great loyalty reward, huh?). Called after five weeks, just to check the status, and was then told that Comcast Xfinity had just "approved" it for processing the day before! (Their website has been saying since the week I bought the phone in January  that it was already in process and to look for it in the mail! STILL DOES! ). At 7 weeks, they said give it another week... At 8 weeks they said I should be getting it any day now... After 9 weeks, I am still waiting! Oh, by the way they've changed the website to say it can take up to 10 weeks to process this particular gift card... Anybody want to guess whether I'll receive it this week or not??? 

Add to that, the fact that I paid twice what I paid for my previous phone 2 years ago and for those two years, I never went over the $12 1 gig program. This new phone gobbles up data like crazy, no matter how many restrictions and limitations I put on the data usage. A simple text with a photo attached, which never use data in the past, now is converted to a multimedia event and I have to go in and turn on the mobile data, even though I'm at home using my Wi-Fi!!! Then have to go back in each time and turn off the mobile data because within the first week of the month I'll use up more than 1 GB data if I leave it on. This is ridiculous!

Can't go into the store, because the Young sales kids there, don't know anything about the phones they sell... And they admit it! You have to schedule an appointment with the technician, who's only there one day a week... And when you call customer service and they tell you that you have to call the phone manufacturer to resolve any problems. So basically, the whole thing's a scam... Don't waste your time on it! Seems that they've decided  that no one is going to actually only pay $12. for data. Might as well go back to my former provider, between the added data and the phone through Xfinity that I'm paying 6X what I paid them, my monthly costs are far exceeding what I paid for a phone WITH unlimited data! Thankfully, they accept my new phone!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Like this poster, I think their rewards program is a scam. I signed up for the program in January and ordered a reward, a Bluetooth speaker, on Jan. 4.  They said 4-6 weeks for delivery. At 7 weeks I contacted Xfinity support and was told the speaker was back ordered and to give it another week. At 9 weeks they said it was shipped and I would have it the next day. More bs.  At 11 weeks they said someone from the rewards dept. would contact me. I got a generic email saying if I didn’t receive my reward in 8 weeks to contact them! Are you kidding? We’re way beyond 8 weeks at this point. I called 2 days ago (another scam is their support, almost impossible to speak to a live person) and one that speaks English. [Edited: "Inflammatory"] This agent said my speaker shipped on Mar. 29th and it would take 5-7 days to get it. [Edited: "Inflammatory"] It’s now 13 weeks and 9 days since it shipped and of course no speaker. It never shipped and I doubt it ever will and here’s the kicker.  I wanted to get out of the rewards program altogether and tell them to stick it.  However, I am a “diamond customer” in that I’ve been a customer for more than 24 years.  That gives me a little leverage when they raise my rates which they do every couple of months. But if I quit the rewards program my tier level gets reset from diamond back to tier one as if I just signed up today for service! How’s that for loyalty service?  Xfinity wonders why everyone hates them and I can give you 10 reasons right off the top of my head. To make matters worse, they don’t care.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

@rtan24

Hello & Thank You for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support, here on the Community Forum. I do see your Direct Message, and I look forward to working with you there. I do need to remind you to please wait for an invitation to Direct Message our team in the future, as our Community Forum was designed to build a positive and thriving peer to peer help community.

Thank you.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

Note that "Xfinity Rewards" and "Xfinity Incentives" are separate programs. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/reward-center-program and https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-rewards. "Rewards" are tracked at https://customer.xfinity.com/rewards while "Incentives" are tracked at https://xfinityincentivetracker.com/.

It is regrettable that Comcast chose to introduce the new "Xfinity Rewards" program with a name nearly identical to the previous "Xfinity Reward Center", which has been renamed "Xfinity Incentives". It's a decision that causes unnecessary confusion.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

FYI -  just received my Xfinity Rewards Bluetooth Speaker yesterday, so be patient!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@DaveO3​ How long did you wait from the time you were told you would re ieve it?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I signed up for the xfinity mobile. It was 4 of us total. We were told with getting new phones we were gonna get a $200 gift card each for signing up. We have been waiting for 4 $200 dollar visa gift cards. I called 3 months asking how much longer to receive them. They give me the run a round. I called multiple times I am told I am approved they are on their way. And keep in mind I have been waiting 8 months now when I'm finally told I should receive them within 10 days.  About another month later I called asking when to receive my gift cards and now I'm being told I won't be receiving them. It has been nothing but lies and multiple phone calls. They are not honoring what they advertised. In 3 months it will be a year of signing up. This is a scam they use false advertising to get you to sign up and won't sent you what they say they will. Xfinity mobile gift card incentives are a huge scam. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here