U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jul 20, 2021 11:52 PM

Xfinity Mobile Network Booster

How can I boost the signal in my home? I only have 1 bar (my whole neighborhood has this issue).  Even with WiFi calling, I often have calls dropped or people can't hear me.  Do I purchase a network/cell booster from Xfinity?

Responses

DaveO3

Problem Solver

• 

334 Messages

14 d ago

No, you are not going to be able to get a cellular signal booster for XM. 

If you plan on using XM your only option is going to be WiFi Calling, and this requires strong and consistent WiFi in your home. There are several steps that may help. 

1.) Make sure you have the latest software update for you modem/router 

2.) Make sure that router is located properly, not in a cabinet, centrally located, not near appliances, etc.

3.) Make sure that your phones will only connect to one SSID (WiFi Network Name) in your home, otherwise calls will drop when connecting to another SSID such as a neighbor’s SSID. 

4.) Make sure that your selected SSID is using only 2.4 or 5 GHz, not both, otherwise calls will drop if phones switch from one to the other. If you need a longer range set to 2.4 GHz, otherwise try using 5GHz for a stronger signal and less interference form appliances and other devices. Test each. 

Good luck!

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

13 d ago

Thank you for reaching out and I do apologize for the delay in response. Do you still need assistance with this issue? 

New to the Community?

Start Here