U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 18th, 2023 6:01 PM

Closed

Xfinity has the WORST customer service, period!

I ordered the Xfinity internet service online in 12/2022.  My order got canceled for no particular reason.  Then I called their customer service line on 01/17/2023 to order again.  The customer service representative whose name is Arthur helped me with the order.  Then he tricked me into switching my family cellphone plan to bundle up with the internet service plan.  I was with Cricket Wireless at the time and paying $100 for unlimited family plan for 4 lines.  By the way, Cricket provides excellent service with flat rate of $100/month, no added fees.  Their coverage was great, fast and reliable.  Anyway, the Xfinity “unlimited” family plan cost $120/ month plus fees and taxes for 4 lines.  Arthur told me that if I switch and bundle up with my internet plan, he could give me a $10 monthly discount on my internet service bill.  So I beloved him and switched after going through a long, tedious process.  The mobile service absolutely sucks.  No signal, drop calls, slow data connection, you name it.  Then sure enough, the promised $10 monthly credit did NOT show up on my internet service bill.  I called the customer service line in 03/20/2023, after a long explanation to the representative and endless wait, they told me that my account was set up right to receive the discount.  They were nice enough to give me $20 credit to cover the first 2 months.  Then I saw the most recent bill, the $10 discount is not there.  So I call them again on 04/17/2023 and geo connected with the Account Manager Samantha, who is extremely rude and disrespectful.  She told me that it was my own fault that I didn’t read the contract correctly.  When I was trying to explain to her about my conversation with the representative on 03/20/2023 and got $20 credit for the matter, she responded that she was in the conversation so she didn’t know what was going on.  She also told me that the representative I talked with on 03/20/2023 was a outside contractor and did not represent Xfinity.  She told me that it was on me and there is nothing they would do to fix the problem, even their manager would tell me the same thing.  Well, she was darn right about that.  A manager called me later yesterday and basically told me my plan is too cheap to get the discount.  I understand that Xfinity is a huge company and doesn’t care about small customers like me.  But the way they handle business is going to hurt their credibility and reputation in the long run.  None of the employees cares about customer service whatsoever.  

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

1 year ago

I do appreciate you bringing this to our attention, @user_c154b7. I would like to look into all this with you as you have reached out Headquarter Operated, Digital Care Team. Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

Do they solve your problem now?

1 Message

I temporarily moved from one apartment building to the other within the same complex because my building was being renovated with new toilets, windows and balconies. So, I kept COMCAST at my apt and added a second service to the temp apt, JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ what a frigin mess that was.  They said I had canceled my service at the original apartment (huh say what!) I never did that and when I went back to my original apt, all was reinstalled but guess what my land line was down nor could I access NETFLIX or YOUTUBE on my high def tv. Next day I could access the tv internet but phone was done and when I called (on my fifth try!) they said the phone service was never set up! Can I now scream for the hills?!?!?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_kc95oy My goodness, I would want to head to the hills too! I am so sorry for the frustration you experienced on top of having to temporarily relocate from your apartment. Is everything straightened out now? I would be happy to review your account if you would like. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@CCKimberly1​ They are the worst!!!  I can't believe this company is still around.  From day one to months after I cancelled, complete disaster.  It started with signing up. I told the "sales person" on the phone that I wanted to sign up locally and when I went to sign up for phone service my account was locked because the online person decided to put it through my order anyway, so he could get the commission.  This cost me hours to transfer my phone and made me late to an important meeting.  After signing up, my phone didn't work during the day.  I couldnt get any work correspondence done unless I drove 10 miles outside of my home area.  I must have gone in dozens of times to be told it was my SIMs card, my phone, etc....This went on for 2 months before someone told me that Xfinity had [Edited: Language] coverage in my area and everyone in my local store knew that.  So after months and over 40hrs, I switched to TMobile (found out that I had this one other option, which today I love even though I pay twice the amount of Xfinity).  I had the internet and cell service called when I switched only to find out that Xfinity didn't close out my account and continued to bill me.   I didn't know this happened until I went in to turn in my router.  At that point they told me that my internet was still open!!!  

(edited)

1 Message

1 year ago

The customer service has been by far the worst customer service experience I have ever had in my life!  I've been trying to transfer my account to my old roommate since May of 2023 and it is now August 31, 2023 and this has still not been resolved.   I had to endure dealing with the automatic promote that is completely broken.  It's taken over an hour to get in contact with someone.  Once we're able to get in contact with someone, we've been given so much mixed guidance that it's been ridiculous!  We finally were told complete the ACR and upload it along with our photo IDs to a secure link.  The link did not work so I went through the painful process of calling back again and was told to send the documents to " [Edited: "Personal Information"]."  I questioned this since the email says "no-replay" but was instructed to send the documents anyway.  Once again, nothing has happened.  I finally spoke to someone today who informed me my previous case number was canceled.  They sent me a new link that allowed me to upload the ACR form and my photo ID.  I was told the transfer should be finalized September 4th.  Even though I now have AT&T who has inferior internet service, I will never switch back to Xfinity after enduring the customer service over the last 4 months.  

(edited)

1 Message

1 year ago

There are so many bad things to say and so few good things to say. *** Service was poor, at best. It was literally non-existent too often. There were times my wife and I couldn't reach each other while both sitting at the same table in our kitchen using data, and even a couple of times using wifi. We know because we tried it out multiple times. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. *** Getting a live body was beyond difficult. *** When I asked for a call-back, I got several—but they went immediately into voice mail, despite the fact that I had  my phone with me at all times, and checked to make sure that my ringer was on and I was otherwise receiving calls. *** A couple of years ago we had to travel an hour to a Comcast office to stand on a long line for my wife to finally be able to tell the customer service rep that we must have been kicked off their T-1 service—and my wife knew, because she had for years been a Customer Service Manager for a phone reseller. *** Recently, when we got so frustrated that we found the number for and called executive offices, several times, we never received a call back. [Edited: "Solicitation"]. [Edited: "Language"/"Inflammatory"].

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Horrible service. Streaming app not working so I cannot watch tv. Called customer service —- auto message stated a 47 minute wait time. Tried to chat with an agent — number 28 in line. Who has time to put up with this lack of service?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Comcast has many roadblocks in place so it’s unbelievably difficult to reach customer service. If you have a couple hours of free time, you may be lucky to reach technical support to resolve an isssue.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Comcast should not be in business —- can’t wait for competition in my area!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

AGREED...ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE HORRIFIC IS A BETTER WORD!!!!!! WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE EVER

1 Message

100% agree, their support Chat application is absolute <Edited: Language>.  God help you if you have to call for a human............  <Edited: Language> service and overpriced to boot.

(edited)

1 Message

1 year ago

I've never seen any customer support worse than theirs. They set up that automated system that way on purpose just to frustrate their customers, so they give up on trying to speak to an agent.

1 Message

1 year ago

Agree. Xfinity and Com(munist)cast are WORSE than the IRS or dealing with any insurance company. Taking customer “circus” to new lows!!!

1 Message

1 year ago

They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.  I have been dealing with them for 3 months now over a credit due to them not showing up for a scheduled appointment 3 days in a row.  Every time I talk to someone they either say they see no notes or that it will be done in 4 to 6 hours.  The next day I am back fighting their automated phone system to get to a person and spend another 3 hours on the phone.  I can not wait until there is someone else I can get service with.  THERE IS A NEW COMPANY COMING SO COMCAST LOOK OUT.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_na7ht7 Hello, we would really like to help with this. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I have tried forever to get NHL Center Ice.....tired of hearing 'we can help you' and gave a hundred different ways to get it but nothing works.....I have called, chatted and went through every loop xfinity had. Round and round we go....Why is this so difficult!?!?

1 Message

I believe they out source their service and train them to be incompetent for plausible deniability. This way they can promise you credits for this or that denote them on the bill and then have a phantom payment in the amount of the credit added. My mobile bill for instance should be $107.26 when you look at the bill break down it comes out to $107.26 but for 3.months they have been trying to charge me $128.09 a phantom $20.83 which is the amount of the credit im receiving. Im sure its all a massive tax scam

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

That is right the following countries are used:

Let me rate these countries below:

Xfinity Mobile - Cebu/Manila, Philippines (they care, they want to help only can give you a credit (fake Xfinity virtual inhouse funds)  or refund (ask for this)

Xfinity Mobile - Ecuador  (they care , they want to help only can give you credit (fake Xfinity virtual inhouse funds)

Xfinity Mobile - Dominion Republic (they care , they want to help only can give you credit (fake Xfinity virtual inhouse funds)

Xfinity Mobile - Cairo, Egypt (they really don't give a dam and will drop your mobile network cut you off to get red of your call)

Xfinity Mobile - Honduras (they're active after 2 am in the morning they can't do anything) 

Xfinity Mobile - India (they just play games with you through text chat and live phone calls)

** Remember these reps, sups, and billing are limited and will say anything to get you off the phone. They need to send you email showing what they did! Do not hang up (but they will hang up on you if they feel they can't help you or don't want to help you. Really they don't care about you. It's shame since Jan 2023 until now I was only using my xfinity mobile to call overseas reps, sups, billing.

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

@chipsmom This is not the experience we want any customer to have when trying to order NHL Center Ice. You can order by saying "NHL Center Ice" into your Xfinity Voice Remote, by going online at xfinity.com/sports/nhl/center-ice to do so. Let me know if you have any issues with these options. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

7 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity surly has the WORSE OF THE WORSE services, they have worse billing system which screws up your bills (mine for last three months) They have automated system that never trasfer the a live agent and when they do their agents lever leave notes on the account so you are screwed again. I can’t even believe that this sort of service exist and that they have customers.

1 Message

11 months ago

Worst customer service ever

1 Message

11 months ago

This company has to be THE worst provider in the world!  Xfinity had a security breach (emails), users are locked out of their accounts with no resolution.  They give you a contact #- which is automated and does not give an option for your problem. I have been trying for 2 days to get some help to no avail - they have the issue and the customers are paying for it.  My email account is important to me and I need access.  Horrible company - Breezeline is a cake walk in comparison,.  Many people in my area are making the switch and I see why.  My city also did not renew the Xfinity contract.  I am at my wits end and am baffled how this company stays in business!! Horrible, horrible customer service - 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

Our cable has been freezing and digitizing for over a year they send out and no problem at house. 4 of the techs said problem was overhead on pole and xfinity will not replace until it fails completely 

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

@Chevy383 My team can help you with your cable freezing issues today. Did you have a technician out recently or was it some time ago? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here