DLML15's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, June 11th, 2020 4:00 AM

Closed

Voicemail Notifications

Voicemail Notification is not working on two new S20 Ultras. VM app gives message: Please contact Xfinity Mobile at (888)936-4968 to enable Visual Voicemail for your phone. I did this and the rep had me reset network settings, power off, switch to WIFI and more...nothing worked. He stated that Visual VM was set up and there was nothing else he could do. I reset to factory settings and we still do not get VM notifications. Notifications are set to allow on VM app and we are using the VM app that came with the phone since the Xfinity Visual VM app states it is not compatible with the device. Was missing too many messages, now having to go into VM daily to see if there are any messages...not the way I want a phone that I paid over $1000.00 to perform. This needs to be fixed. If someone knows how to fix this please advise. Thank you

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same issue. The built-in Visual Voicemail tells me I need to enable it. I never receive a notification for voicemail.

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the forum and my apologies for the delay in my response. In case you are still needing assistance, reach out to me via private message. You can do so by clicking on my name ComcastChrisL, which will direct you to my profile page and from there, click on the blue ‘send a message’ button.

In your private message please include the first and last name, the complete service address, the mobile number, and the last 4 digits of the card on file.

Sincerely,

Chris

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Hi,

The voicemail notifications are still not working. 

Thank you,

DLML15

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I don't know if anyone ever got the answer to this but when I first got my S20+ I had the same issues and spent hours on the phone with customer service. it turned out that since Xfinity Mobile is a VMNO through Verizon towers, they had to contact someone on Verizon's end to get voicemail working. hope this helps someone

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi Chris,
I have Pixel 2 and have the same problem. Could someone help me fix the visual voicemail?

Thanks,
Manish

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

4 years ago

Me too. Both of our BYOD Pixel 3a's, no voicemail notifications, phone app voicemail panel says visual voicemail isn't working. Seeing posts here since at least January. Can't anyone make this work without having to call the dreaded Xfinity support number or use the dreaded chat? If there weren't the numerous tales of poor outcomes sprinkled with sporadic success I'd be more optimistic about using support. Anyone got any reliable way to get this working without calling or chatting customer circus?

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Don't even bother with customer service, as they can't help you. (I've tried 5 different times) I had read on other forums xfinity's visual vm wasn't compatible with newer (2019-2020) Samsung phones, but it seems to be an issue across all devices.  Of course, they won't tell you this. I made an appointment to trade in my A51 tomorrow, but may just end up going back to the dreaded vzw, as this is a deal-killer for me. People still use phoes to talk, xfinity, and having to dial up to get voicemail, and listen to all savedmessages AND theprogrammed voice painstakingly repeat each individual number is a huge time waste, and about 25 years out of date technology.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Chris, could you please reach out to me?  I am having the same issue with VM!  Why won't Comcast fix this???

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I am not sure what happened, but after my last post I was able to get my voicemails, they are not visual but they are there and I have notifications for them. I believe that Xfinity has to remove the visual voicemail option.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Ours started working, I believe that Xfinity has to remove the visual VM option then you will get notifications for emails. After my last post of  still not getting notifications, then all of of sudden I started getting them. The visual does not work with the new phones from what I remember reading.

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

4 years ago

So I tried the chat, got an agent, resetting network settings is what I was told to do, ad fo course it didn't work, and he was researching more, and... the agent disconnected and I was transferred to a new agent who had no informaiton about  everything I did prior. Gave a survey review with low score and noted that "no" my issue was not solved. And back to step 0. 

I know I can go use twitter and reddit and get some better attention, but honestly, I'm already close to being done waiting for and working with Xfinity to get this under control, having gone through too many poor tech support experiences with xfinity already.

Just the thought of "working the process" makes me want to give up. Having ended up in the past having to use my state's attorney general office just to get things working that are basic with other providers has sapped my will to save money on my mobile service by staying at Xfinity.

Its voicemail. Just make it work. For everyone. Not one by one with crazy variable support experiences. Seriously.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had the same problem. Turns out all I had to do was make sure my mobile data was turned on. I thought being connected to my wifi was enough and didn't realize my mobile data had to be on to receive voicemails.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here