melaeric237's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 27th, 2022 2:58 PM

Closed

Voicemail app stopped working and Xfinity seems to not understand..

My Android S21 used to give me a notification when a caller left a voicemail.. pretty useful feature and well, an extremely standard feature. (xfinity did sell me a phone.. not a tablet)

As near as I can tell this stopped working around November of last year, presumably from an update as nothing has changed on my side. Working with support seems very underwhelming, most of the call is devoted to the exact same actions of..

1. Explain that normal voice mail works and somehow navigate the conversation to the visual voicemail app
  2. reset the network repeatedly (which is extremely annoying because I lose my WIFI settings)
  3. Escalate my issue (which at that point I never hear anything again)

Is this normal?? Does this screen not infer Xfinity should know something about this? 

Does anyone else have this issue and resolved it somehow?

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

@melaeric237

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Please call or text 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat - https://comca.st/3MaE55B - where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The link above is to the "Xfinity Assistant," a robot that gives general answers to basic questions like "Where's my order?" or "Billing & Payments." It can't handle specific queries like "Xfinity Mobile android phone new voicemail notification stopped working." A separate call to in-person phone support suggested turning voicemail notifications off then back on. When that didn't help they suggested as above--a network reset--that didn't help either.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@user_fc7f7b  Hi there, thank you for reaching out about your Mobile Service. You may reach our super smart Xfinity Mobile team directly for the best assistance using any of the below methods.

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: https://comca.st/3onZAFp

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I just wasted over an hour of my life trying to resolve this issue. Went to Tier 2. Whatever. Among other things, I was told twice to delete and reinstall  the Samsung Voice Mail app. Huh?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Solution Found to Disappearing Xfin Voicemail Indicator

My Xfin voicemail indicator stopped working on my cell about 3 weeks ago. I noticed it only after responding days late to several VMs I didn't realize I had. As noted elsewhere on this thread the Xfin robot only handles general queries and was no help on this.

After checking various settings I found a solution that has worked for me so far. It turns out Android had "Auto disabled" my voicemail. This did not completely disable it since I was still receiving voicemails; it just killed the indicator notifying me about them.

I found this when I opened my Apps list, scrolled down to Voicemail, and saw that it was one of several apps marked "Auto disabled." So I did two things--toggled off the "Remove permissions if app is unused," then hit the small "Open" arrow/box on the bottom right of the Voicemail app options screen. A test call from home phone to cell confirmed that the cell's VM indicator was back on, and it has stayed on so far since then.

What caused the problem is unclear. At Settings/Battery and device care/Memory, the “Apps not used recently” feature may have been the culprit. Why it would identify my VM as not used recently is puzzling since I get several VMs per week if not daily.

Anyway, on that same Memory screen I hit “Excluded Apps” that then showed “No apps to exclude.” I hit the + sign in the top right corner that opened up my entire apps list. I selected Voicemail and several others and that set them as Excluded apps for which “Memory usage for these apps won’t be checked.”

OK I thought, all is well, the missing VM indicator issue shouldn’t happen again. But when I checked the same Excluded apps list today it was empty. And when I hit “Apps not used recently” on the Memory screen, Voicemail was again listed as “not used recently” despite my getting a VM this morning that the VM indicator did show. So I don’t know if I’ve fixed the VM indicator problem for good. But at least it’s working again now.

BTW, a quick way to check which apps are disabled—go to Settings/Apps and click on the 3 small bars aligned to the right of “Your apps” about 1/3 down the screen. This opens a “Filter and sort” apps screen where one can filter by enabled or disabled. If any apps you use regularly are on the Disabled list, click each, toggle off the remove permissions, and open it as noted above.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_fc7f7b​ Thanks for this.

At least one of these steps is not available to me (..."hit the small "Open" arrow/box on the bottom right of the Voicemail app options screen.") I have never seen an auto disabled message in the app list, either. No biggie, just curious.  S21 running Android V 12, One UI V 4.1.

Notification is toggled on. A test call confirmed that the indicator does not appear.  I simply have to check for a VM after every missed call.

The highly-trained tech support team in Guam was absolutely worthless.  I am done wasting their time and mine.

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

Hello @user_fc7f7b In order to get this resolved as quickly as possible, I recommend reaching out to our amazing Mobile agents at (888) 936-4968 by call or text. You can also reach out any time by going to this link here: https://comca.st/32Zzr8o. From there you would just go to the bottom of the page and click the 'Ask Xfinity' button and request to speak with an agent. Once that's done, you'll be connected with one of our dedicated mobile agents who are available 24/7.

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here