Johnstitcher's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 13th, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Visual voicemail

So, Xfinity, are you ever going to fix the face that Visual voicemail doesn't work at all on your very expensive, too of the line, flagship Android phone? I've seen several posts in which you blame Samsung, both for your app not working, and for their all not being able to transcribe your voice messages. However, Samsung phones do not have this problem with any other carrier, do they?

So, should we assume that Xfinity visual voicemail is simply a lie, you have no intention of fixing the problem (or even acknowledge that it IS an Xfinity problem), or providing any customer service whatsoever aside from explaining to us it doesn't work and pretending it's not Xfinity's fault or responsibility? I mean, I've seen many Xfinity employees chime in on these threads...not one has even vaguely suggested that Xfinity is working on the problem..Very telling.

Just completely non-existent Xfinity customer service as usual, it appears.

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

4 years ago

Hello Johnstitcher,

Many thanks for posting the forum. Know that we are here to help. Keep in mind that the Xfinity Visual Voicemail app is not supported/compatible with Android devices that were released in 2019.

If you have an Android device released prior to 2019, the Xfinity Visual Voicemail app does have full functionality. When you get a chance, reach out to me privately so that you can authenticate your account and I can do further research.

In your private reply, please include the following information;

First and last name, mobile number, complete service address, and the last 4 digits of the pay method on file.

Thanks again for your continued time and patience.

Sincerely,
Chris

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I also do not have visual voicemail or it is not working. I am a brand new customer, pre-ordered and received my Note 20 Ultra on 8-21-20. Can this be fixed or is it not available. Please advise.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

did u ever get your issue resolved cause i am facing the same issue and i am sick of calling support for them to just waste hours of my life and i am now contiplating switching providers over this 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just got my samsung Note 20 Ultra and visual voicemail does not transcribe to text like the old visual voicemail. Why? Why did verizon/xfinity cram an app down our throats that doesn't work like it was suppose to. Why didn't they just turn the old beta app into a permanent item. Also the app forces you to use mobile data to work and i always only used wifi with my note 9. Is this their way of forcing us to use more data. Not at all happy. I switched to xfinity from Verizon because they were half what Verizon charged but now they are nearing the same cost. Fix it or lose another customer. Not to mention they lied to me when I switched and how they scre.... me when i ordered my Note 20.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Add me to the list, too. Brand new Note 20 Ultra. Moved over from Verizon. Visual Voicemail doesn't work.

Says to call Xfinity at Toll Free number for help. I've spoken to at least three different Tech Support people and they couldn't help. Apparently advanced tier level support created a ticket for my issue. 

Grrrrrr. I am so disappointed that I left Verizon for this.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello ~ I too am having issues with my visual voicemail. I moved from Verizon to XFinity. I’m hoping this can be fixed because it’s a huge PITA to call into voicemail and go through alllll your messages...just to find the one you need. Could you please help me in setting it up? Thank you.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I am experiencing the same issue . I cant even pick up a 5G signal either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have same problem.

I switched from Verizon to Xfinity. Activated new iPhone 12 Pro (old phone was Google Pixel XL).

Xfinity support is directing me to Apply support - no solutions so far.

Contributor

• 

133 Messages

4 years ago

Of course, the native visual voicemail app should "just work." But if it still does not work for your device, at least other options are available to probably will work. Have you tried a third-party VM app like Youmail?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Yep. I've called customer service probably half a dozen times on this. I have a Galaxy A71 phone that I just acquired late 2020. Not once has any customer service rep indicated to me that this was a feature that would not work on newer Galaxy phones. If I had known this initially, I would not have purchased this phone. Very happy with the phone EXCEPT for the fact that it doesn't recognize voicemails. This is in and of itself extremely troublesome, because I do not know I have voicemails unless I go into my phones number pad, and dial voicemail that way. Very lame not to mention inconvenient.

When you try to initially download the VVMail from the Play Store and try to install it, it tells you that you can't use this app and to use the voicemail app native (default) to the phone.  And no, you still can't get there from here.

Xfinity really needs to fix this and all I can say at this point in time is - 'Bad Word', over?!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Has anyone solved visual voicemails not working? I also have to call in to get my voicemails. When someone leaves a voicemail I am notified by text with this type of text:
//VZWVVM:SYNC:ev=NM;id=595;c=1;t=v;s=16093388617;dt=06/01/2021 10:05 -0500;l=4;dev_t=5

I then call voicemail and retrieve my voicemail. I switched from Verizon (after 20 years) in January 2021. I use the same password I had when I set up vvm with Verizon and all my old voicemails are still there too. I would like this to work like it’s supposed to does anybody have help for me.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for sharing this, nightOwl3! Visual voicemail and VM notification finally work for me.

Xfinity silently updated Xfinity Mobile Voicemail app on 1/20/2021. This version can be installed directly from Google Play Store (no need to use the computer). The old version did not work on new phones, but this version works.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

As usual, Xfinity customer service is terrible.

For my Galaxy S10e, I finally got the Xfinity Visual Voicemail app to install by going to play.google.com on my computer and telling it to install to my phone.  A few minutes later, the app installed on my phone and seems to be working.

The app version is 2.8.0.015, according to the settings screen.

Their support article telling you to use Samsung's app is pure BS.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

It sppears they updated the Xfinity Mobile Voicemail app for those having problems with the native android Voicemail app.  Judging by what it says when it loads, it converts your voice mailbox in a way that makes it incompatible with the built in voicemail client.  The built-in client is supposed to work, though.  It worked on the S8+ I bought from Xfinity, and it even worked on my unlocked S10+ and the unlocked S21 Ultra I just got, but not with unlocked firmware.  I had to flash Xfinity firmware to get it to work.  It's nice they updated their app as a fallback, but when they say the version Samsung/Google provided is supposed to work, this is true, and is true for most people. 

Also, transcription to text is generally seen as a premium option that Xfinity doesn't provide.  The "Visual" part just means you can see a list of your voicemails in the app.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have a Note9 transferred from AT&T around a year ago. Xfinity visual voicemail worked for a couple of weeks then stopped.  Xfinity tech help was useless. 
In addition every time I get a text message the phone says I have 8 messages.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here