Startropics's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Fri, Dec 11, 2020 6:00 AM

Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G not compatible

I really want to switch to xfinity mobile, but none of my devices have been compatible. I currently have a Note 20 plus on Verizon network, marked not compatible. I just bought the Note 20 5G directly from Samsung, unlocked, and it's marked as not compatible. Is my only option purchasing a phone directly from xfinity? The notes aren't on sale at all, which is why I am trying to avoid that option but I'm getting frustrated. Was told on another forum to tag @ComcastChrisL

Thanks for any help/advice!

Responses

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

I am in the same situation.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 UW on Verizon and it is not compatable.  The rep said the technology is not yet available to port over existing 5G phones to Xfinity Mobile.

Can someone from Xfinity Mobile share when you will plan on delivering on this?  I'd love to be a part of Xfinity Mobile 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

I had the same issue and was given authorization to return the phone to Samsung. I bought it unlocked to use with Xfinity but it was not compatible. I took it to Verizon to switch carriers and it was NOT compatible there either because Xfinity uses Verizon towers and they are on another system. Other commentors tried to use a different sim card but it read as their old phone and they couldn't do messaging. I hear that the phone can work with AT&T. I am very disappointed that Samsung doesn't warn people, Xfinity doesn't tell you and Verizon also doesn't know. I know that these techs cant know everything but certainly Samsung knows when they sell you the phone. Xfinity has such a good deal on service that for me it isn't worth it in the long run to switch carriers.

New to the Community?

Start Here