U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 30th, 2021 12:23 PM

Closed

Spam Email Texts

Hey, im getting random emails that keep sending me texts. My phone won't let me block the email address in the messaging app. What do I do to make it stop? Any help is appreciated.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Good morning @ and thank you so much for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our forums page. I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating email experience and our team will be happy to help. Have you checked your filter and spam settings? For assistance on how to set up email or spam filters, please see the attached link https://comca.st/39waPo2. Please let us know if this helps! If you are still receiving random emails. What type of phone are you receiving the texts on?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@ComcastAlyssa I am getting the same thing as the OP - they are TEXTS from emails, not emails themselves. I need to know how to block the senders or block any email from texting me. I have received about a hundred of these texts in the last couple of days. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Good morning again @user_1ba7e7 and thank you so much for your reply and for clarifying that they are texts from emails and not emails themselves. What messaging app are you currently using? Are the texts from a specific sender or multiple? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I too am getting these. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and started receiving them once I got my new phone.  An email sends a text to a group of numbers (including mine) of about 20 people.  If I block them another one comes in.  I have filtered messages from unknown senders yet it still comes through.  Help!  

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_5328d8, thank you for reaching out to us today with your concern. Getting unwanted messages can definitely be frustrating, but our team is here to help! Is your iPhone set up with your Xfinity email, or a 3rd party client such as iCloud, Gmail, Outlook, etc.? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here