josborne3's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, May 13th, 2022 5:19 PM

Closed

Sim card

When I signed up for Xfinity mobile I ordered a sim card to bring my own phone. Subsequently, I decided to buy a new cell phone from Xfinity which came with a sim card installed. Do I need to return the unused sim card? I noticed my billing show that I have two lines. One

is unused.

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

2 years ago

Here is your answer. So when you signed up for BYOD bring your own device a line was created for that. As that is what you signed up for. Then you changed that and went bought a new phone from xfinity and it came with SIM. So first you only need the sim that came with the New phone. Next Activate the new phone with your correct phone number. Once you do that tell Xfinity to Cancel the other BYOD line you first ordered. They will delete the line and all will work fine. Remember first activate the New phone with new sim, you can throw other sim away. Then cancel other line.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I spent a good deal of time on the phone today trying to get this resolved. Unfortunately, the person had a heavy accent and rapid speaking style. I'm hearing impaired so I could not understand what she was saying. Trying to resolve this with on-line help is a joke. These are bots who cannot respond to questions outside of the one's listed and there is nothing listed for this process. As long as I don't activate it which I cannot do since I no longer have that phone, I should not be charged for a second line. Time will tell.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Xfinity phone was gifted to me and the Xfinity is saying it's not there phone why would they say that when clearly it is

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

Hi @user_6f71eb, we truly appreciate you taking the time to contact us here in the Xfinity Forums. I can completely understand your concerns since you were advised your gift is an Xfinity phone and want to use it. Have you contacted our Xfinity mobile team to verify if the device has been unlocked for another carrier? That may be the reason why we are stating that the device is not currently ours. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here