U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, April 1st, 2021 3:37 PM

Closed

Process of switching from AT&T

Hi I am looking into switching to xfinity mobile as it looks like it could be the better budget option for a family that doesn't use a lot of data. I have a couple of clarifying questions.

- For the 10gb shared pool, it's advertised as 60$ and from my understanding you could hypothetically connect 4 phones to the data pool and it would still be only 60$. Is that correct?

- If the phone number I'd like to move from AT&T is an out of state number from where I am living does that change my ability to keep it when I switch to xfinity? 

Example: I now live in Massachusetts but I have a phone number from New Hampshire with AT&T, will I be able to keep the New Hampshire number?

- If I wanted to check the connectivity in my area before switching to xfinity mobile, is there some kind of sim card test kit available? 

- With all the fees how much would a 10gb shared pool between 4 phones actually cost on the bill (Massachusetts is the state)

- Finally, if I were to switch to xfinity mobile, would I get a discount because I already use them as an internet provider.

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I switched from AT&T to Xfinity soon after Comcast introduced the service in 2017, so a few of my answers maybe dated.  I'm really happy with the switch and have saved $100s on my service.

- the 10GB pool is shared by all 4 lines, at 10GB.

- shouldn't be an issue transferring an out of state # 

- don't know about a test sim, but if you can determine Verizon connectivity it should match Xfinity, since it's on the Verizon system

- I'm in TN, and my tax+fees on my $12/mo 2-line service runs about $5/mo

-I believe that you must already be with them for internet to start the service, and it's priced accordingly.  No additional discounts, and if you drop Xfinity internet after you begin using Xfinity Mobile they will charge you additional fees.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Wont recommend you, i just did and regret it with all my soul. the worst experience ever. If you have a problem you are lost and this people does not have a word. Paying little extra to any other company compensate the nightmare you can life with if dealing with this company. My biggest mistake ever.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

To each there own.  I was with AT&T before I switched to Xfinity, and my experience is that Xfinity's customer service is just as good (and sometimes just as poor) as AT&T's.  The domestic mobile service on Verizion has been better than AT&T.  The international rates during our biannual pre-Covid trips for voice and text are much lower (we only use int'l data on wifi).

I estimate we've saved about $2600 total (about $720/yr) since our switch back in 2017.  The savings are in addition to the 2 LG phones we bought at $1 each with the new account promo in 2017 when we started Xfinity service.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here