gallon13's profile

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

Thursday, October 29th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Pixel 5 unlocked BYOD incompatible

I bought a Pixel 5 unlocked and inputting the IMEI says it is incompatible. As others have said on Verizon IMEI check it is compatible. Not sure if I should try the Sim swap. Xfinity please support the Pixel 5.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

I just tried the SIM pairing again through the XM app and both phones paired successfully. My account still has the old phones and says the SIM is paired with the Pixel 5 and the IMEI is correct, so a bit more account cleanup to do but the Pixel 5 is officially hooked up to my account.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

I did a SIM swap and the phone works fine currently.  I talked to a Xfinity Mobile customer support rep who checked the IMEI and confirmed it is not compatible but could not give me any more info on if it would be supported other than to keep checking.  I did the Verizon compatibility check and it is compatible.  I know this is a new phone but come on Xfinity and get some faster response to new phone support.  There are currently no Pixel phones available on the Xfinity store, but of course the iPhone 12 was on presale.  If this is going to be a iPhone and Samsung only network, I might just switch back to Verizon.  Xfinity are you going to support Pixel phones??  I need a new phone badly and want my Pixel 5 to work.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Just wondering if WiFi calling, VoLTE, and visual voicemail are working for you after SIM swap? RCS in messages? Thanks, I want to purchase a 5 soon.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

@TheDarkwun So far everything is working, WiFi calling, VoLTE, 5G, Visual Voicmail, RCS Msg.  I hope it keeps working and doesn't get locked out.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Just posting an update of my Pixel 5 on XM is still working great.  Spoke to a tech at my local XM store and he said if I swapped the SIM and everything is working it should be fine except they can't offer support if something stops working and that when the phone is officially supported we can update the IMEI in the system.

One issue I've had that is probably just device related is that it seems to prefer mobile data connection over my home WiFi and I have been fighting it for the past few days using way more mobile data than usual.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Did the tech mention if they would be selling the 5 eventually?

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

He didn't see any reason they wouldn't support the 5 but he didn't have any official statement from XM.  He only had some sort of document that said support for 4a5G was coming soon.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

@TheDarkwun The Pixel 5 is now a compatible device with XM per the compatibility check. They don't currently appear to offer the phone for sale though.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

@gallon13 I see, just in time too. Just got my 5 on Tuesday. Thanks for the heads up

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

3 years ago

I have a gripe. Wanna hear something weird? I too did the compatibility check last night for my Pixel 5. And it said it was compatible. So I made it a point to go into the store today and switch to XM. I'm only getting LTE I am not getting 5G. I have all the reps lying to me telling me that I have 5G signal when I know I don't. Then they tell me my device is no longer compatible which doesn't make sense because yesterday it said it was and when I go into the mobile app it says it's a 5G capable phone so now I'm confused very much so an Xfinity has once again dropped the ball. this exact phone works on Verizon's 5G network there is no reason for this phone not to work on Comcast 5G network because they are one in the same. Oh I forgot to say as well Wi-Fi calling for some reason isn't working either. But I have it enabled.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

@mkflyers2k  Is yours unlocked or a Verizon phone?  Mine is still working fine and gets 5G when I'm in a covered area.   I just did the SIM swap and it has never had a problem, but I have not been back to XM store to have them officially swap my IMEI.  

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

3 years ago

It was purchased unlocked from google directly.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

I assume XM would have checked for you but they do make you upgrade to the "new" account to be able to access 5G.

Also on Preferred Network Type in Xfinity Mobile network setting I have Global selected.

Hope you get this solved.  I'll try to go to my XM store and see what they say about my phone being compatible.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks. Yes I am on the new data plan with 5g.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I got a Pixel 5 unlocked from Google. Imei check fails and sim swap did not work for me.
Am I out of luck and have to leave my new phone in the drawer?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here