commodore_dude's profile

Contributor

• 

92 Messages

Tuesday, January 21st, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

No notification of voicemails

I switched from Verizon to Xfinity about a month ago (BYOD Pixel 2). Until today, I did not realize that I am not being provided with notifications when a voicemail is received, or any way to listen to voicemails, through the standard Android voicemail app. I have to manually dial in to see if I have any voicemails and to listen to them (several were missed over the last few weeks). What am I missing in order to have this function as it always has in the past?

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Update - I was able to get the voice mail notifications working by calling Xfinity Mobile support.  I was told that Google devices need to be set for "Basic Visual Voicemail" and my phone was not set up for this.  The technician switched the features, I powered off/on the phone, and it works!

Google mentions this - https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/2811844?hl=en#

"Step 1: Contact your mobile service provider

Ask your mobile service provider to downgrade to a basic voicemail service."

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

4 years ago

Hello commodore_dude,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I’m happy to help further.

Please know that Pixel devices use Google’s native voicemail app, not the Xfinity Mobile Visual Voicemail (VVM) app.  With that in mind I would still like to look into the features and provisioning for your device and make sure there is nothing a mis in that area.

When you can, send me a private message.  Just click on my name ComcastChrisL and from the profile page you’ll see a blue ‘send a message’ button.  In your private message and for account authentication, please include the following info;

First and last name, mobile number, full service address, and the last 4 digits of the stored payment method on file.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris           

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I have a Pixel 3a (BYOD - moved from Verizon), and just moved to Xfinity Mobile today, and I am not receiving any voice mail notifications either.  I see missed call notifications, but nothing for voice mails.  When I access the "Voicemail" option under the Phone app, it says "your voicemail box is empty."  I've left myself at least 3 messages!  Was there resolution that you can post?  Thanks!

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I had an extremely unhelpful chat with xfinity mobile today about this exact issue.  The agent just kept saying the app was incompatible, so sorry for the inconvenience.  

But you called, and they changed something on their end, and now you get notifications of voicemails?  

Is it also visual voicemail, or just notifications and being able to see them in the app?  That would be better than nothing, at least.  

That page you linked says that google devices are supposed to have transcription options on xfinity (as well as tmobile).  Do you see that in the phone app settings?  

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

@Tanaquil181 wrote:

I had an extremely unhelpful chat with xfinity mobile today about this exact issue.  The agent just kept saying the app was incompatible, so sorry for the inconvenience.  

But you called, and they changed something on their end, and now you get notifications of voicemails?  

** Yes, that's exactly what happened.  I had to be transferred to another tier of support (I'm guessing) who had more knowledge of how this was set up.  The first person I talked had to connect me with the second level person.

Is it also visual voicemail, or just notifications and being able to see them in the app?  That would be better than nothing, at least.  

** Yes, visual voice mail works and well as notifications of messages left!

That page you linked says that google devices are supposed to have transcription options on xfinity (as well as tmobile).  Do you see that in the phone app settings?  

** Yes!!  On my Pixel phone, there's another option I had to enable under Settings -- Voicemail -- Voicemail Transcription.  Once that was enabled, within 5-10 minutes of a message being left, I can see the translated text of the message.

Good luck - I hope this works for you too.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

TL;DR: It did!

Chat earlier was useless.  The first customer service rep on the phone didn't have a clue, but she transferred me to an Account Services rep who wasn't entirely sure what was happening, but she did have a list of steps and was able to set my service to Basic Visual Voicemail on her end.  

So, she did what she needed to on her end and directed me to reset the network settings, power down, power back on, and within a few minutes, the message in the voicemail part of the Phone app went from "Visual Voicemail not set up" to "Visual Voicemail activating" and I got a message that my pin had been changed.  Then the voicemail app prompted me to set a new pin, I did, and voila, everything works great, including the notifications and the transcription.  

Thank you!

Contributor

• 

92 Messages

4 years ago

I made one adjustment from the Google link above and just got my first transcribed voicemail alert! I see ComcastChrisL also PMed me back a couple of days ago so I'm assuming he made the corresponding Xfinity-side changes. Sounds like that combination of adjustments is the solution.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had this issue with a new iPhone, after I ported my number from Verizon. It turns out xfinity had not turned on my voicemail. After several phone resets with the tier 1 service team, I asked to be escalated to the tier 2 team - he problem solved the issue and had it fixed within 15 minutes. Ask for a tier 2 support tech on your first call and ave yourself some time.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_049496 

I had this same issue with my new iPhone12 when the number was ported from Verizon. When people left VM, I got no notification on the phone app. Instead I got a text message from Verizon with some error code.

I was on the phone with first level support for about an hour but of no use. When it was escalated to next level, it was solved in 10 minutes. First, she removed my voice mail from the system, then she made me do a Settings>Reset> Reset Network Settings.  Then she turned on the voicemail back on.  We tested it by her leaving a voicemail for me. Immediately the notification showed up and no error message from Verizon.  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@iphone_colorado I also have this issue since I switched to Xfinity earlier this year. I chatted with a tech who had me reset my network settings. Other than screwing up a whole bunch of other stuff, it did nothing for my voicemail notifications. I'm still not getting any. But I had to pair my phone with my car's bluetooth again, and all sorts of wi-fi connections that had been saved went away. I dealt with that for over a week. And I'm still not getting voicemail notifications, so I've started checking VM once a day whether I need to or not. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 and was previously with another MVNO that also used the Verizon network, so I didn't foresee this problem. And I also now always have to enter my password when I call VM, which I didn't have to before, even after switching to Xfinity. Any suggestions? I dread having to chat or call Xfinity again.

Regular Contributor

• 

48 Messages

Hey there noramartinez! Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your voicemail services. I understand you reached out via chat, but have you attempted to call our Xfinity Mobile experts directly? We want to ensure this is resolved for you! If you need assistance after reaching out to them via phone, please follow the below steps:

To get started,  please send us a private chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.  

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary   
    • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon     
    • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon     
    • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line   
    • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window Press Enter to send

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem and I have a Galaxy S10 Plus

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have same problem with Samsung Note 9 after moving from Verizon.  The two calls to Comcast to get help was useless.  The techs are clueless. 

Xfinity tech: Why not give us a phone number that will get us a direct number?

Official Employee

• 

244 Messages

Hi there @COUNTRYCOACH, thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us on the Xfinity Community Forums. Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue so our team can better assist you. :) 18 month old dead thread now being closed.

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here