user_0ih2332's profile

Problem Solver

• 

846 Messages

Saturday, March 20th, 2021 6:29 PM

Closed

New Phone deals for existing cellphone customers

Is Xfinity going to have any deals on new 5G phones for existing customers? Have they ever had deals for existing customers in the last 6 months?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

They have a deal right now for the pixel 4a 5G. (Although it's showing out of stock).

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

They had a $400 Visa gift card for existing customer upgrades on Samsung phones around the time of the S21 launch.  Also $250 for customers upgrading to iPhone around the time of the iPhone 12 Pro Max launch.  I upgraded 2 lines on my account and have received the first card, the second card is processing.  Both phones purchased in mid January.  I have been with Xfinity Mobile since its inception and most of the deals for existing customers are during the Apple/Samsung flagship launch times.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have been an xfinity mobile customer for at least three years, when they first started in this area. I have a Samsung phone but wanted to go back to iPhone.  I went down to xfinity and asked if I could get the $250 off or gift card on a new iPhone 12 max ( as advertised for new customers ) but they said no, it is only for new customers. I have been waiting a looong time for some deal for existing customers.  Very disappointing. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

You are not alone. Xfinity only cares about hooking new mobile customers. Once they get your business, there are no more deals or discounts to be had. All existing Xfinity customers must pay the full list price. You can't even buy another phone elsewhere unless you are prepared to cancel your current account and sign up for a new one. I understand the desire to build a customer base, but I never understood why businesses create barriers for their existing customers. You'd think they would care as much about keeping a customer as they do about obtaining one. Very disappointing indeed. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Very disappointing - you’re right! Same thing happened to me. Perks for new customers and nothing for loyal customers.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Right I’ve been thinking the same

Problem Solver

• 

846 Messages

3 years ago

How are you hearing about these deals? Do you have to log into XfinityMobile periodically? Is there a mailing list? I've been looking for a deal on a 5G phone for a couple of months I hoped to get a deal with Xfinity. Thanks

Problem Solver

• 

846 Messages

3 years ago

PS I really don't like this new platform layout.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

I only noticed the Pixel 4a 5G deal browsing the site. Not sure if it was "while stocks last", but it was due to end 4/13.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

The Pixel 4a 5G did show out of stock when I checked online yesterday.   However, as an existing customer I was able to buy one.  It was in stock at my local Xfinity store at the "sale" price of $250.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

57 Messages

a 4a 5G for $250....unreal.

Problem Solver

• 

846 Messages

3 years ago

Please write us a review after you've had time to use it. I've read good and bad reviews on it. Also what is the current XfinityMobile return policy?

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I bought mine in the store, not online.  Now I'm considering returning it.  Although I very much want WiFi calling, and was assured at the time of purchase that this was a definite option, in fact Xfinity does not support it for the Pixel 4a 5G.  I've been told it can be returned to the store within 14 days of purchase. 

PS - if I thought that Xfinity would add support for WiFi calling in the near future, I would definitely keep this phone.  However, I've asked Support about this and they couldn't provide any information.  BTW be very careful what you are told, since various Support contact have provided contradictory information regarding WiFi calling.  Also Xfinity has online support articles on this subject with WRONG information.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

277 Messages

So far, the policy seems to be have the current phone paid off, and pay for the new phone in full, no deals.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Once you’re an Xfinity customer, they continue to send you information about all these deals to upgrade to the IPhone 12 5G and save $250. Then you check it out only to find out, you’re screwed, it doesn’t apply to existing Xfinity customers. I guess customer loyalty means nothing to Xfinity.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Once you’re an Xfinity customer, they continue to send you information about all these deals to upgrade to the IPhone 12 5G and save $250. Then you check it out only to find out, you’re screwed, it doesn’t apply to existing Xfinity customers. I guess customer loyalty means nothing to Xfinity.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm frustrated and about had it with them .  I was trying to get a new device last night but as you said, no deals for existing customers "but if I would just switch another phone over" I could get a free Motorola or get the discount on the Samsung I wanted.  Hello...already a customer-no line to switch.   think I'm just going to pay off my husband's (2 payments left, though it has said that for 3 months now) and go with someone else.  Our Xfinity wifi isn't that reliable anyway.  

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

I do want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out through our Forums Channel. I can tell you have not had the best experience and I assure you I am here to do everything I can to turn this around. We appreciate your signing up to be a part of the Comcast family, and I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for you with your service since you stated you have been having issues with you WiFi in your home. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon! 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I love how the only response from Xfinity is about Xfinity service, but nothing about Xfinity mobile, on an Xfinity mobile discussion...and the deals we want for upgrading our phones .. Shows me they are reading them and just don't care about what we are talking about...SMH

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Right now they have 300-400 prepaid gift card for the higher tier Samsung’s.  

On the Galaxy A42 page, it also says you can upgrade to the A42 for free (Monthly device. Refits).  But when you read the fine print it only says for new users.  Anyone know if you actually can get that deal with an upgrade?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

XFINITY CUSTOMER SERVICE PLEASE REPLY TO THIS POST!!  

Why don't you offer the same phone deals for existing customers as you do for new customers? The only way I can get a new phone with xfinity is by adding a line. I don't want or need any more lines!! I have been a loyal customer for over 5 years.  I can go to any other carrier & get a new phone why don't you atleast offer discounts to existing customers?  

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

@user_d3d13e

You can get the $300 back on an existing line upgrade.  It explains it in the second half of the offer details.  

Offers end 10/21/21 and only available while supplies last. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid with prior purchases, returns or exchanges. $300 Off: Requires purchase of new iPhone, 24 month Xfinity Mobile Device Payment Plan Agreement ("Device Agreement"), activation of new Xfinity Mobile line and transfer of phone number from another carrier within 30 days of phone purchase date. Device credits applied monthly to your account over 24 months so long as Device Agreement is in effect. If line is canceled, voluntarily or involuntarily or device payments are accelerated, balance of credits associated with device payment are forfeited. $300 Back: Requires upgrade of an existing Xfinity Mobile line to an iPhone and activation within 15 days of order. Existing phone must be paid in full if eligible phone is purchased online or pre-ordered. At least 50% must be paid if purchased at an Xfinity store, and an upgrade fee may apply. Xfinity Mobile line must remain active for 15 days following phone activation. Visa Prepaid Cards are issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa® U.S.A. Inc. This card can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Prepaid card mailed to Xfinity account holder within 4-6 weeks of phone activation and expires in 180 days. Maximum $3000 in prepaid card amount per customer/account. Multiple cards may be issued based on total qualifying amount. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here