U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Sep 19, 2022 10:22 PM

Mobile data spike

Last month i noticed one of my lines said it was more than double the usage. Nothing has changed usage wise previous history shows that line never goes over 64gb. Then this month 9 days in this line has supposedly used 90gb already again with no change in usage ?! Make it make sense . Then i get a call saying we’re violating usage ?! How about help me figure out what’s wrong as if this person looked at history or would be evident something is wrong 

rightfooted

Expert

• 

1.3K Messages

2 months ago

Check the mobile data usage in settings to see what app or apps are using all that data. Changing a setting or settings might solve the problem. If mobile data isn't needed all the time, turn it off and just turn it on when needed.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I am having this same issue. Down to the phone call. What we were told was that the phone data plan isn't meant for heavy streaming and that by using an abnormal amount of data would end up getting our service terminated. I use xfinity stream alot and I've always have and never has my data usage been this high

Official Employee

• 

207 Messages

@user_31e5ca  Thank you for bringing this concern with data usage to our attention here at the Xfinity Community Forums. Just to make sure we are able to best assist you with this, are you referring to Xfinity Mobile data usage, or your phones' data usage on your home network as part of your Xfinity residential services?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here