U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 12th, 2022 4:03 PM

iPhone 14 Pro Max Activation Issues

Hi.  My situation is this:

• Received iPhone 14 Pro Max on Nov 10
  • Excitedly read the instructions and did NOT turn on the phone prior to trying to activate
  • Went through the prompts on xfinitymobile.com
  • When it came to choosing a new number or porting an existing number, I chose the existing.  This is where the problem started...
    • I entered the phone number I wanted to port over, which is actually another Xfinity number.  This is my fault.  I didn't realize that I couldn't move a phone number from one Xfinity account to another. 
    • The status went to "glitch, let's get this fixed".  But after waiting a day, I went into an Xfinity store.  They were no help.  They simply told me that I couldn't port the phone number.  So I said, okay, just give me a new number.  But they said they couldn't do that because the activation was pending.  Said to wait 24 hours and then I should be able to retry activation.  That has not been the case. Not only can I not use the new phone, I also can't use my old phone (iPhone 11)! I'm now at the point where I'm online researching what I can do.  

Here are some things I did notice:

1. My other phone number is no longer attached to the 14 pm, that is progress (I had turned the phone on to see if I could get it to activate).  On my account it now shows "new number" instead of the my old phone number, but still says "activation in progress".  I know from reading, that if I don't do something, it will just sit at status forever.  
    2. I have reset the phone completely to back factory setting and there is no option to activate it other than QR Code or transfer from another device (I won't do that again!)

At this point, I need help.  I read something about escalating to Tier3 help.  Also asking them to remove the error code.  I'm going to try that. I'm not going to waste my time on hold, I am going back into the store and prepare to sit for hours.  If that doesn't work, I'll return the phone.  

Anyone with any suggestions please let me know!

XfinityGabby

Official Employee

• 

762 Messages

3 months ago

Hello @user_8e7034. We certainly understand the importance of having your mobile phone working and how frusrating it is when things don't go smoothly. We do have our Xinity Mobile experts that can assist with your concern. You can reach out to them through any of the following options: 

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

UPDATE, Issue resolved!

I was able to connect with a Tier2 tech by asking the Tier1 rep (first one that takes your call) to escalate me to Tier3.  He told me I had to go through each tier, so I was patient and explained the details and he then sent me to tier2.  Thankfully I didn't have to explain the details again, she told me she could help (I was skeptical and praying she could).  She reiterated that I couldn't port over the old phone number but she could get me a new number.  After a few movements, turning the phone on/off, it started activating!!  I was so happy.  I asked her what she did to fix it and she said "I deleted the error message and started over" just like @XMjfh said (thank you!).  I was on the phone for 15 minutes tops.  

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here