U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, February 4th, 2023 7:54 PM

Closed

iPhone 14 - dual Xfinity Mobile lined

Hi,

Before I ported over a new number and bought an iPhone 14 Pro, I was promised that I would be able to run two active lines on one phone. Now I'm being told that's not possible, both at the store level (where I kind of expected it) and at the Tier 2/Advanced Support level. 

Has anyone had a different experience? Is anyone able to run two active lines on the iPhone 14 (as opposed to turning off one line to use the other, which is the best Xfinity could offer)? 

Thanks.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

I presume that your iPhone 14 Pro was bought on an installment plan and therefore locked to XM, and maybe XM also somehow has additional restrictions (not shown anywhere in their disclosures) that they only allow one XM line on a phone, when locked or maybe even when unlocked? Did you ask whether you can have two lines if unlocked? Or, I wonder if it might be a Verizon contract restriction?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@DaveO3​ ,

thanks for the contact. In my particular case, it doesn't matter that the phone is locked, which it is, because my goal was it is to have two functioning XN lines on the phone. in the store, someone did say that the door lines might actually work if one was from another provider. And there is something on the website about being able to do that. In any event....

In way of update, I think I might've actually gotten this successfully done. After numerous calls and visits, I made one more call today to the support line, and someone did set me up. I want to wait a few days of getting calls from both lines, including simultaneous calls, to make sure I know what happens but right now, I am very hopeful!! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same issue. I was told at the xfiity store that I could do this and I bought a new iPhone 14 only to be told when I returned to the store that it isn't available.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@Cunard030​ , XM isn’t officially supporting two lines on IPhone 14, but some techs apparently know how to do it. 

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

Hi there @user_98cccf, thanks for reaching out to us in regard to your Xfinity Mobile dual-sim concerns. Were you able to find a resolution to this issue ? We are limited here as to what we can assist with in regard to our Xfinity mobile service. For these types of inquiries, it may be best to speak to one of our amazing Xfinity mobile experts to get dual-sim assistance! You can find one by contacting our customer service team via phone (18009346489) or by utilizing the Xfinity mobile app. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

You might be able to transfer/add an eSIM from another iPhone. Go into settings, cellular, Add eSIM. Give it a try. 

Otherwise keep calling support until you get a knowledgeable support person. 

Good Luck. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here