ta6point6litre's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, January 26th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Having trouble sending MMS (pictures in text messages) when I am on WiFi

I have tried searching the web for answers, but no matter what I try I am still having issues sending pictures in text messages when I am on WiFi. I have to turn WiFi off in order to successfully send an MMS message most of the time. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

My husband just got a Moto G7 Power with same issue. So it is definitely Xfinity. We have 4 phones - the G7 which just replaced a Moto e5 Play he had. The other 3 are Moto e5 Plays. We have had these phones for about a year and no problems with sending MMS on wifi. We just got the G7 this past week. I got it to work one day by turning off the chat feature in text messages but then the next day it went back to not sending pictures or receiving pictures on wifi. It also won't download a regular text on group messages with wifi. Hope they get it figured out -sad that older phones are better than new ones☺️

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

just got system update tonight, and sending pics over wifi is now working!

Android version 10

kernel ver 4.14.62-18180990

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Was having the same problems even after the update. Just downloaded the Google text messaging app and media is now sending!!

Calling this one resolved. My advice to everyone is to download the Google messaging app if still unable to send pictures and video.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

About 4/21/2020, I got a new Samsung S10 from Xfinity. All was well - I was able to send pictures in a text message as recently as 4/29. Then yesterday, 4/30, I could not send pictures either at home on my wifi network or when I was out at a mall (cell service, but no wifi).

Obvious question - what changed? I found this forum and saw that some could send pictures if they used the Google Messages app instead of the native Samsung Messages app. I tried that and it worked. So
- Same phone
- Same OS version
- Same home wifi hardware
- Same provider, i.e. Xfinity

The only change was the Messages app that I used. So the finger pointed at Samsung Messages. (The version of the Samsung Messages app I have is 11.1.60.67.)

I dug into the Settings for the app and found a change that fixed the problem.

1. Go to the main Samsung Messages screen. This is the one where you can see the list of people you have messages from/to. NOT inside a particular message.
2. Pull down the 3 dot menu in the upper right corner, choose "Settings".
3. Choose "Chat Settings".
4. Choose "Select default messaging type".
5. There are 3 choices here: "Automatic", "Text/multimedia msgs", and "Chat Messages". In my app, "Chat messages" was selected.
6. Change the selection to "Text/multimedia msgs".

After that, I was able to send pictures in a text. Just for the record, I also tried the "Automatic" setting but that didn't work.

Hope this works for you.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Wait ... so you all are saying that Comcast/Xfinity has the worst customer service in all the lands? (Thought this was common knowledge foe the past 3 generations)

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I was having this problem at my house. Only one bar and pictures would not send. It only worked when I was at work with full service. I played around with the settings a bit and found a solution for me. I turned on the wifi calling feature and now it works fine. I have a samsung galaxy s10+. Hope this helps for anyone having problems.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

We have the same problem with iPhones and Google phones. Xfinity saying it’s a problem with Samsung is just their usual practice of blaming everyone but themselves.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem with LG K51 andrioid phone.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Have same problem with new LG K51 android phone purchased from Xfinity Mobile.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Does not happen on my LG G8 thinq. Send receive mms no problems on wifi calling. Maybe it's just LG.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just switched to Xfinity mobile 3 weeks ago and encountered he same problem. My Samsung A51 failed to send MMS most of the times. I went to the Xfinity store to ask for help on this issue. They told me to reset network settings. After I reset networking settings, my A51 sent MMS  successfully.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

This is not just a problem for Xfinity Mobile. I have t-mobile and Xfinity Internet and can't send or receive MMS on my home network. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having these problems right now. Just switched over to Xfinity Mobile and I am underwhelmed to be sure. I reset networking, tried turning off WiFi, reset the phone, tried a different messaging client, etc. I can send pictures but I cannot receive them, which makes no sense to me! All MMS downloads fail. Every time.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here