ta6point6litre's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, January 26th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Having trouble sending MMS (pictures in text messages) when I am on WiFi

I have tried searching the web for answers, but no matter what I try I am still having issues sending pictures in text messages when I am on WiFi. I have to turn WiFi off in order to successfully send an MMS message most of the time. 

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Not sure what you're talking about or Phone you have, but my sending pics over WIFI is still not working

@seodoesmatter wrote:
Our phones are fixed as of today!! We can send pictures with wifi!!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

OK. My husband and I both have Androids. Mine started to work today on our wifi and also at the resturant on wifi.  I could send a picture on wifi! He could send a picture at the restaurant on wifi but now at home on wifi he has the issue again....and I still can.  Perhaps this means this issue is actually being worked on! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

I hope it is because I'm seriously considering going back to Verizon!

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Give them time to fix it...

not totally sure if it's Xfinity or Samsung...

again, my wife has a Iphone 11 and it works on WIFI

which in my technical computer work for 45 years

points to Samsung...

we shall see

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

I just tried sending myself a gif; still DOES NOT work..

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out to the Xfinity Mobile Digital Care Team, I hope your day has been going well. 😀 I am sorry you are having MMS issues with your new phone! This is actually a known issue, we have received official word from Samsung as follows.

“Due to a known issue, some Samsung device users running either the Android Pie or Android 10 operating system (OS) are experiencing problems with using multimedia messaging service (MMS). Users are reporting that they are either unable to send MMS messages, or that attempts to send are taking too long.
Samsung is currently working on a software update to address this issue; this is anticipated to be available beginning in March. More details will be provided by Samsung in the coming weeks.”

But this is all we have heard as of a few days ago. At this time you would have to disconnect from Wi-Fi in order to send the MMS until Samsung pushes that update out. Fingers crossed it will be sooner than later! Is there anything else I can do for you? -Eliana

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Thank You for the information...

We will be looking for the update

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

@Matthadahemi wrote:
Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out to the Xfinity Mobile Digital Care Team, I hope your day has been going well. 😀 I am sorry you are having MMS issues with your new phone! This is actually a known issue, we have received official word from Samsung as follows.

“Due to a known issue, some Samsung device users running either the Android Pie or Android 10 operating system (OS) are experiencing problems with using multimedia messaging service (MMS). Users are reporting that they are either unable to send MMS messages, or that attempts to send are taking too long.
Samsung is currently working on a software update to address this issue; this is anticipated to be available beginning in March. More details will be provided by Samsung in the coming weeks.”

But this is all we have heard as of a few days ago. At this time you would have to disconnect from Wi-Fi in order to send the MMS until Samsung pushes that update out. Fingers crossed it will be sooner than later! Is there anything else I can do for you? -Eliana

Eliana, thanks for this information.  How did you obtain this information?  Can you please provide a link? 

When I spoke with Samsung they told me this is a known XFINITY problem, which was subsequently acknowledged by XFINITY on a support call.  I'd like to try to break the gridlock amongst XFINITY, Samsung, and Google on this issue by sharing published information from official sources, and not forum posts from fellow forum users.  If Samsung tells me again that this is an XFINITY problem, then I'd like to point them at the same source you are quoting.

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

Still can't send any gif videos. Thought the fix was supposedly gonna be on the 14th or 15th? Nice...... I really love paying for a service I'm not receiving!🙄

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I've been having the same problem since I switched from Verizon to Xfinity. Really anoynoying to have to remember to turn off WiFi. The only attempt of fixing from Xfinity support was to reset WIFi. They were supposed to call me back to see if it worked...it didnt...no call back.
Beginning to wonder if it was worth the switch to Xfinity. I guess you get what you pay for.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Yes

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I received an update on the 18th and I still can't send MMS over wifi so either there's another update coming or they gave you bogus info. I have xfinity movie Samsung Galaxy S10+

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Wondering this myself (Samsung problem) as I can send pics to other iPhone users no problem ( some Verizon, some Sprint and some AT&T). While I first thought it to be an IPhone vs android issue, I’ve now learned that those I’m not able to send pics/mms messages to (WiFi on or off, doesn’t matter) happen to all have Samsung phones. I used to be able to send to them, but it stopped about a year ago... possibly after an update, but not certain; just know that I could and now I can’t. Very frustrating!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It's not the new samsung phones.this has been happening to me since Nov 2017. Xfinity is a secondary on towers, so unless your getting perfect signal from tower, it wont work. They refuse to allow wifi for texting. Funny how facebook messenger always works so perfectly from my house with same signal

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

OK guys, my phone did an update this morning and now I can  once again send MMS (pictures in text messages) when I am on WiFi. 

-Version: N950USQU7DTC1/N950UOYN7DTC1/N950USQU7DTC1

-Size: 228.12 MB

-Security patch level: March 1, 2020

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here