U

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Thursday, February 23rd, 2023 7:25 PM

Closed

Complaint, phone number disconnected, wifi hacked, AWFUL support

I'm only posting this to the forum as a public record of the horrendous "support" from Xfinity after my esim was almost trasnferred off my device and then subsequently disconnected after TWELVE HOURS on chat with "support" and "just wait a little for it to activate". I am also dealing with ongoing problems with calls being sent to a blocked voicemail box even when the contact is in my contact list. An xfinity contact ended up in my blocked voicemail box and couldn't even explain it.

On top of that my wifi has been compromised multiple times even after I change pwords (I'm also having issues with passwords not being changed) and no matter what I tell "support" they dont seem to care.

My account says I've used 500+ gigs of data in February alone. My data use climbed from a normal amount to 200+gb, 300+gb, 400+gb since October. I have repeatedly told xfinity "support" my icloud was hacked and I've been robbed and harassed for months and harassmnet is still ongoing but they dont care and they never help. 

I currently have no cell/data service and my phone has been paused from my network (there is another phone on my network that is named what my phone is called and when I paused "unknown mobile device" it paused my phone and kicked me off) and I cant connect to wifi.

When I got my phone in January xfinity also sent me sim card that I tried to cancel. They sent it and promised the carrier would call for a signature. If I hadn't gotten a new phone and ported my number that sim card would have erased my phone number too because it was a brand new line and number. Nobody called and I never got the package. Then they added it to my account anyway and said it was activated. Some stranger has it and could have been using it to impersonate me and they will never be identified because Xfinity added it to my account and let it stay there for a month no matter how often I contacted them to ask for it to be removed. 

I currently cant access my devices on my phone or on the website and every time I try to access the esim download page, I get a 404 error. Funny how that's the only page I cant access. "Support" just wastes my time and tells me a bunch of stuff that never works (restarting isn't going to un-disconnect my phone number).

I am missing calls from my bank and doctors and more because of this. Way to go xfinity. 

There are also 8 wifi networks programmed into my phone and I have no idea how they were added and I cant get my device to forget them or stop them from auto connecting and my settings page on my phone says I have VERIZON subscription options from my old carrier. On a brand new xfinity device, and again, nobody seems to care.

If you're experiencing even an iota of the same kind of problems file a complaint with the FCC like I just did. They will assign you a case number and a contact from xfinity is *required to get in touch with you* to actually deal with the issues you're having. The law requires they contact you personally and also follow up with the FCC to explain how they solved your issue.

If xfinity actually wants to deal with my FCC complaint they will have to address my disconnected line to even call me. This is how bad xfinity "support" is. I have to force them to reconnect my line just so they can abide by an FCC complaint.

Forget xfinity "support" they aren't worth it and any company who does this deserves to have a formal complaint lodged against them.

2/24/23

I still have a disconnected phone number and cant wait to see how xfinity support calls me to address my complaint and now my phone shows up twice on my wifi, under 2 different names, and I even get notifications when my phone isnt connected to wifi and is in airplane mode. My wifi is also having a good time telling me amazon prime isnt connected to my router but seems to like netflix because I just switched to that and watched a movie.  My wifi shows 2 phones connected, one is identified as the name I gave my device and the other is named after the iphone model. One phone tests on the xfniity app as a basic connection and one says it has full access for internet gaming face time etc. When I pause either device my phone gets kicked off wifi. The app store is not showing up correctly either and game center hasnt logged an achievement in over a week even though I've been playing games while I sit around and wait for literally anyone at support or the website to connect (every page on my xfinity account that might help me redownload an esim to reconnect my line serves a 404 error or an xfnity error page)

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

2 years ago

@user_ML Hello and thank you for reaching out here over our Xfinity Community Forums. I am so sorry to hear about this negative experience you are having, this is of course never the experience we want for you, or any other loyal, valued member of our Xfinity family. 

Our Xfinity mobile service actually has its own specialized support team, who are specially trained and equipped to assist with any Xfinity mobile related questions or concerns. For Xfinity mobile assistance or help regarding your Xfinity Mobile cell phone account (which is a totally different billing system than we have access to here), I would recommend reaching out to our incredible Xfinity Mobile support team, and they would be more than happy to assist you in getting these device questions and concerns resolved once and for all!

You can reach our Xfinity Mobile support experts by calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or via our secure online chat at https://comca.st/3QLkqKG where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. We are also here 24/7 and always more than happy to help a valued member of our Xfinity family in any way we can! -Christopher

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityChristopher​ 

Your website and chat stopped working for me over 48 hours ago, when I was able to chat your reps kept asking for my ICCID and not my IMEI

There is literally no way for me to contact you since my number has been stolen and disconnected and I cant get on a chat anymore so you need to investigate what's going on on your end 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Unfortunately, we do not have access to Xfinity Mobile systems from here, you will need to contact them using a different phone so that you can speak with them further. We do apologize that we cannot resolve this for you directly.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Which is part of the problem isnt it and maybe you should review all the ways this makes people who've had their identity stolen unable to recover their accounts/numbers/etc because your policies are being exploited to that end

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

If you feel that your account information has been obtained without your permission or any part of your info has been compromised, we would recommend reaching out to our Customer Security Assurance Team at (888)565-4329 and will be your best resource in recovering your account information.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_ML​ Well said! Alllll of my two factor security authentications are now compromised and all I get it “well you can’t have your number transferred to an address where we don’t provide internet and cable - well NEWSFLASH - that was NOT the case when I had to return all my equipment when I bought a house in an area xfinity does not provide cable / internet but they reassured me I could just keep my xfinity mobile (and confirmed the transfer to my new address and ALSO THAT THEY WERE REMOVING MY $25 bundle discount (DESPITE THE FACT IT’S RATHER BAD BUSINESS TO PENALIZE A CUSTOMER WHO IS TRYING TO MAINTAIN BUSINESS WITH YOU BY KEEPING MY XFINITY MOBILE DESPITE THE FACT THEY DONT OFFER CABLE / internet service at my new address!) so my phone bill went up by $25 and despite all my efforts to make payments despite constant issues accessing the app and spending 8-10 hrs every month since swapping my sim to a new phone I was forced to buy because the “free promo phone” which wasn’t even free at all (and which I asked if I could pay the difference for a higher capacity to which they said I could - until the final hour when they went to get the phone and activate it for me) I was forced to buy a larger capacity iPhone and ever since they can’t seem to associate my phone number with my new address(?) and now they’re saying that’s not even an option  (ok so why was it ok then and not now?) and what does that mean for all your customers in the same boat as me? Well out of precaution I asked if I could transfer my billing address to my fathers address as I was providing care for him but wanted to keep my own account separate from his. Well last month they confirmed they successfully transferred to my fathers address which has xfinity internet and it seemed as though my account would now start working as usual again and I confirmed I was setup on auto debit which they said yes and when I asked if there was any other fees charges I needed to pay (to prevent any possible chance of having my phone suddenly shut off with no notice AGAIN) they said the only charges remaining were late fees which they were trying to get waived and would call me back the next day to let me know if they were able to get them waived. I said I was happy to pay them preemptively just in case and I was assured several times by @katherine that she’d call me the next day and if necessary she’d take my payment info then. WELL I SHOULD’VE KNOWN BETTER - no call No notice if the fees had been waived and no statements were sent to me as they promised and sure enough my phone number is officially lost as of today and it’s now my responsibility to figure out what and how customer service screwed this up so bad and what changes have occurred to result in their inability to identify me at all as a customer? I can’t even get a porting number to take the number I’ve had for twenty years and this only is going to revert all the efforts I’ve made to secure myself from identify theft and now no one can contact me and I can’t even authenticate 99% of my accounts! This is absolutely the most outrageous careless and frustrating company and they should be ashamed of themselves and their customer “service”. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

THIS VERY SAME THING HAS HAPPENED TO ME  and I’ve been dealing with this for months and months calling to try to make a payment for my phone plan and they can’t even associate my phone number with my account and after I explain to them when I return my cable and Internet equipment when I move to an area that they didn’t service cable Internet I was told I could keep Xfinity mobile and my phone number of course which worked fine for a while until I got a new phone which I purchased directly from Apple and was advised by Xfinity mobile to just transfer the sim and the phone would work just fine however ever since then they can’t seem to locate my account and for a while when I was looking at my device details it was showing as my old phone model iPhone SE 2 vs my new phone IPhone SE 3 2022 model. As of last month I was told after spending literally all day on the phone with customer support that my phone number was successfully transferred to my fathers address where I have been staying and for once they were finally able to except a payment, which for several months I kept trying to provide payment information so they wouldn’t shut off my service but they repeatedly wouldn’t take it which makes absolutely no sense at all because they’re clearly thieves and crooks but they would restore my service and I asked if I could make an extra payment which I did last month to cover this month and yet when they ask me what the last four of my card number is on my last payment it’s not in fact the last four of the card I most recently gave them but the card number I use for auto pay last year which I subsequently had to cancel that card because my wallet was stolen. I also noticed on my iCloud that a new phone number was assigned so I removed that phone from being able to access my iCloud information i.e. apple wallet and upon further investigation I discovered that phone number belongs to a Comcast employee! At this point I don’t know if I should call the police, FCC or Ghostbusters because Xfinity mobile customer service including the customer service within the stores are indicating they don’t know what to do unless I can figure out where my phone number is! What kind of question is that? They transferred it and indicated they had resolved all of the account issues I’ve been having and that moving forward I should be able to pay via the Xfinity mobile app until today all of a sudden my phone went back on SOS mode and I’ve attempted to login to every Xfinity app  and it says that I don’t appear to be an Xfinity mobile customer which now when you call my phone it says  and it says that I don’t appear to be an Xfinity mobile customer which now when you call my phone it says attention Verizon wireless customer has had this number deactivated or transferred… “attention Verizon wireless customer has had this number deactivated or transferred”…or something of the sort which is deeply disturbing because I want to and need to make sure that I keep the same phone number I have had for the last 20 years and I don’t want to lose it and after being told to go into the Xfinity store because they were the only ones that could assist me they looked at me with impatience telling me just to call customer service back which I’ve spent hundreds of hours wasting my time trying to have them correct it month after month. I finally agreed today because it was clear I should just port my number out to another carrier But because they can’t seem to find my phone number I can’t even get a port code so what am I supposed to do? There’s clearly some sort of identity breach here and I suspect it has something to do with a Comcast Employee hacking my iCloud (because it’s now evident HE HAS MY OLD WORK PHONE THAT WAS STOLEN)! I’m literally at a loss for words and am so frustrated. And my frustrations also are like yours as this Comcast employee who is the one to inform me that my Wi-Fi network at home was not secure and that he was seeing a dark web phone on my Netwerk but yet somehow I never saw that on my Netwerk… At the time I didn’t think he may have a dark web phone and was using it to hack into my Wi-Fi but it’s all making more and more sense now but yet Xfinity/Comcast continues to provide the absolute worst customer service and treat my privacy, personal security and the phone number that I’ve had the last 20 years has just a drop in the bucket! I’m going to lose my mind this is ridiculous. ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

XFINITY IS HACKING ME BECAUSE THE  PHILLIPINES  STOLED OUT OF MY ACCOUNT USING THE XFINITY BRAND THESE PHILLIPINES ARE HACKING ARE CAMERA AND MICS TO LISTEN AND LOOK IN ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLES AND XFINITY OF AMERICA DONT GIVE A F I WILL SEE THESE  PPLS AT SOME KIND OF COURT PROCEEDINGS  THE BEST THING FOR US AMERICANS TO DO IS CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE PHILLIPINES AND LET THEM NO HOW PPLS IN THEY COUNTRY VIOLATING US SINCE OUR COUNTRY DONT SEEMS TO CARE

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

THE PEOPELS  WHO PROVIDING THE WIFI IS HACKING YOU ALERT

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here