Kat2800's profile

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 5th, 2022 12:30 AM

Closed

Cannot get new phone bc of their error

We have Xfinity Mobile. I’m trying to upgrade three phones on my account. All have been paid in full since June. My account shows that they are all paid in full. I try to start the upgrade and I’m told I’ve exceeded my $3500 device payment limit. Ummmm no… I don’t owe anything. I call and 1.5 hours later I am told the system is wrong in telling me I can’t do a monthly payment because I have $3500 available. So I have $3500

available but when I try to check out and pay the tax I’m stopped because I owe more than my allowed amount. This is crazy! The iPhone promotion ends Thur. I’m not losing out on $1200 in device credits because of their system error. That sounds like a THEM problem. Then I try to see what they will give me to trade in my current device (that I own fully) and it tells me the phone storage (512gb) and the carrier (Xfinity) aren’t a valid combo. What?! I bought it from them! I also asked if can have them do a soft pull on my credit because I’m sure my credit score has gone up lots since I started with them. She tells me she doesn’t know how to do that but she’s the Advanced Team (step above the original rep). 

They escalated a ticket but can’t guarantee it will be fixed in time for the promotion which ends Thursday! What can I do?  Below is a screenshot of the nonsense il

dealing with. On the other page it says all three current devices are paid in full. I add one to my cart and the pic is what I get and I can it proceed. I didn’t have this issue when I tried yesterday but I stopped the order because I wanted to double check the color choice for the kids. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same thing just happened to me. Now, I am losing out on 3 upgrades with the iPhone deal plus $450 in Xfinity rewards. Wasted one and half hours at the store. Not cool.

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

@ltd1972​ I guess I’m thankful my store was so unhelpful that I was in and out in five minutes. Not one person working looked over the age of 18 in there. No one claimed to be “in charge”. I was told “yeah, sorry can’t help ya…”. Wasted time, gas, and my energy to have them tell  me that. Even funnier - they said they don’t talk to corporate (when I said why can’t you call someone at Xfinity and figure this out). This is an Xfinity store and the one I was told my two different reps to go visit. Or comes up on their website for store locator. They just couldn’t be bothered.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue and here, was able to get my iPhone 14 Pro Max last month and now trying to add a line to get the Pixel 7 Pro and this error comes up, it's a error with the new system and now it's going to cost them a lot of customers

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

@TAJones99​ I have made 4 calls, had 3 online chats and one store visit and not one person could help me. I don’t understand how no one has any idea how to fix this. Not to mention they claim they have never seen this error before. We know it is more than just me now that you’ve found this post and commented regarding your experience. 

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

@Kat2800, we will be happy to see if we can get you some help with your issue! Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? We look forward to speaking with you! 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

@Kat2800​ yes it's ridiculous less than 2 years ago I had five lines on my account. My bill was over $200, paid all my devices off and downsides to two lines. Now this error in their system has false information keeping us from adding lines. I had a representative trying to tell me it's because I purchased more than $7,000 worth of devices that is way. I laughed in her face. I really hope more people start posting or calling about this error so they can get it fixed

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

2 years ago

I think they are literally counting all the past devices as a limit. Like devices I paid off sudden keep me from getting a new phone. Like the other carriers don't do this and I believe this will be the end of Xfinity mobile RIP

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@TAJ99​  I think you are correct, I paid off one 6 months ago & they said thats still on there.  FYI, I sent Xfinity Support a peer to peer message over 2 hours ago, with zero response so far. Hello @XfinityJimmy 

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

@ltd1972​ I'm still waiting for them to fix this issue, because it's has to be wrong. They can't use paid off devices as a balance we owe 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @ltd1972! Thanks for your comment. Here on our community forums, we have very limited access to help with any Xfinity Mobile concerns. We highly recommend you reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team for further assistance. You can reach our awesome Xfinity Mobile team by any of these three methods:

- SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

- Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

- Chat

I'm confident that the experts on our Mobile team will be more than happy to assist you with this. Please let me know if there's anything else we can help with today.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ don’t be too confident - I had to seek legal help to get anyone to fix my issue. Ridiculous. The day after the promo ended my error was gone. Of course once it is $400 more x 3 phones it will work. No thanks.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having The exact same problem. Have gotten nowhere in over 2 weeks

New Poster

• 

14 Messages

@Nitric​ is there a way to send a private message on here? I’d like to share what I’m in the process of doing to get it fixed. I was mostly mad that I stood to lose $1600 in credits! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue for me. I upgraded my device and two for my daughters over the last two months. Now I need to upgrade two more paid off devices and their system says I have over 7k of outstanding/owed payments on 10 lines or some nonsense. We have 5 lines and two watches. Two of the five lines have been paid off for months. One of our two watches is also paid off. Their math isn’t mathing at all. This only became a problem when their new system went live…I should have upgraded my last two lines when I had the chance. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @user_660223. I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here