Billmc92's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 19th, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Can not activate cellular on apple watch 5 (dreaded uh oh)

Chris l, u out thrre? Before i switch to another carrier maybe someone at comcast can help me! Been through it all and nothing. Help pl ease to acti ate my watch. Bill

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

5 years ago

Hello Billmc92,

Thanks for reaching out. Glad to help. Below you will find a detailed outline on how to connect your Apple Watch to cellular service.

As I’ve instructed other customers that I am working with from the main thread (Activating Apple Watch - any one else having issues?), if these instructions do not work, please reach out to me through private message by clicking on ComcastChrisL and then click on send message.

Make sure to provide me with the first and last name of the account holder, the account number, and the last 4 digits of the stored payment method on file.

I am currently working through several cases which has created a delay in the response time. Rest assured that I will be working to resolve this for you as well.  The instructions on how to connect to cellular on your Apple Watch are as follows;

1.Select the “Set Up Cellular” option on the Watch App if the Set up Cellular option is greyed, reboot the iPhone and the watch before continuing.

2.On the iPhone, open the Watch App and go to : Cellular, Set up Cellular.

3.Cellular setup screens will launch, enter primary account credentials.

4.What follows is a four-step initial setup that asks for basic information to add the lines to the account.

a. Welcome Screen is seen with the option to click on Get Started. At this point,
initial eligibility checks are conducted. If the customer fails any of them, they
will see an error screen.

b. Accept the Terms and Conditions.

c. Enter the emergency Address and click Save Address. Verify the address and
confirm if prompted. This is important for WIFI calling, specifically 911 calls
made directly from the watch.

d. The “You’re almost there” screen is seen. Activation is in Progress and a line is
being added to your account message is seen. This could take several minutes.
Ensure you do not navigate away from it and start activation again.

5. The website will close, and you will return to the Cellular screen on the Watch
App on the iPhone. Xfinity Mobile Activating is seen on the Cellular screen. Once the
Activation is complete. The Cellular Plan will show Xfinity Mobile.

a. If you come back to “set up cellular” screen again, do not attempt it again.
b. Reboot phone.

c. Wait 20 minutes before trying again.

How to Determine if the Apple Watch has an XM eSIM Downloaded

1. On your Apple Watch - Go to Settings > Cellular

a. If it reflects No eSIM installed: Watch will show No SIM under Plan and No Connection under Status.

b. If the SIM Installed: It will reflect Xfinity Mobile under Plan and Connected under Status.

2. iPhone Watch App:

a. If the eSIM is not installed, ICCID will be blank.

b. If the eSIM is installed, ICCID is present.

Let me know what result you get. I will wait for your response.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hi there:

I am upable to actrivate apple watch series 5 (os 6.1) with my iphone XS Max (ios 13.2.2).

I have tried everything, all your suggestions, visit to store, customer support, etc.

Please advise.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Chris, my dude. Do you still work here? There's no send message option on your profile. Evidently you are the only comcast employee who can solve this!

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

5 years ago

Hello,

Thank you for your outreach and my apologies for not having responded sooner.  I wanted to find out if you had attempted to send me a private message again?  If so, and if you are still unable to see the blue button on the right hand side of the screen on my profile page, what are you guys seeing? 

I want to gather more info in case there is a technical issue with my profile screen, so that I may have this looked into.  To re-iterate, you can send me a private message by clicking on my name 'ComcastChrisL' which will take you to my profile page and from there click on the blue 'send message' button. 

I am still getting private messages from other people on the forum, so I'm not sure if there is an issue, if it may be thread related.  If there is a technical issue with this thread, please vist the following thread  - Activating Apple Watch - any one else having issues? - and attemp to send me a private message from there.

Thanks again for your continued time, and patience. 

Contributor

• 

70 Messages

5 years ago

Hi backup your iphone on itunes and then restore factory settings on itunes then after restore from backup then erase the apple watch from settings from the watch itself ok so once restored on the iphone from the backup go to the watch app then try pairing it then after setup celluar then it should work i promise 100% this method works i discovered the problem!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I tried exactly as you said.
I still get the uh-no error

Contributor

• 

70 Messages

5 years ago

Did you reset your iPhone in setting like erase all content and settings first you have to make a backup of the iphone

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Yes
I followed your instructions to the tooth and did not work

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

4 years ago

Hello manooch,

Thanks for reaching out for help.  Gladly, I will investigate this for you.  When you get a chance, send me a private message.  You can message me privately by clicking on my name ComcastChrisL, then click on the blue ‘send message’ button from the profile page.

In your private message, please include your first and last name, the full service address, the mobile number, and the last 4 digits of the stored payment method on file.  Also, in case your device has not registered to your account, please include the IMEI and model type of your Apple Watch.

Talk to you soon,

Chris

Contributor

• 

70 Messages

4 years ago

Did you factory reset iPhone tho and the Apple Watch make sure you backup iPhone to iCloud or iTunes

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hey Chris,
I tried private messaging you but did not see where to do that in your profile.
I have been trying to set up my Apple Watch for 3 days now being brought in circles on the phone with xfinity for hours on end!
I checked my watch and the phone app and my watch says no SIM and the app doesn’t show anything for ICCID either. Does this mean that I will not be able to connect to cellular? If that is the case what am I supposed to do now?
Thanks for any help I can get!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I’m in the same boat. I have spent several hours on the phone with support over a few days and still no progress. At least the last agent was able to add the imei And shows up in my account now as pending activation. But still can’t activate.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

@Jyoo 

You lucky son of a gun, I haven't gotten that much help yet 😞 

I really hope this is fixed soon, this was top 3 reasons I upgraded to this series was the cellular. 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

Updating everyone,

Mine worked this morning and was now able to fully connect. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

What changed? How were you able to get activated? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here