U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, February 17th, 2023 10:24 PM

Closed

Android E-Sim S23Ultra incompatible

I've recently purchased an S23Ultra in store with xfinity and have swapped from my previous carrier (t-mobile) to Xfinity mobile. As a service member stationed overseas, it's imperative that I have access to a device that's capable of utilizing an e-sim as well as dual sim. One sim for my home country of origin, and another sim for my country of duty. 

Though the S23Ultra is the newest flagship phone on the market, I'm unable to utilize an e-sim with ANY android device with xfinity. This entirely ruins every last shred of satisfaction in my carrier, as I'm now left entirely in the dark once I return to my duty country. I've been through 4 support calls all of which have told me the same thing AFTER I'd already purchased my device and transfered my T-mobile e-sim to this device as a physical sim card. I'm now left in the dark as the advanced support department decided to hang up on me the moment the hour reached 1700 while escalating my support ticket.

I was also told that the only option for reparations of my grievances would be to downgrade in model to an iPhone and activate an e-sim with them. How in any way shape or form is a downgrade with an OS swap equivalent? Had I been informed of xfinity's inability to support me and my service, I would have remained with t-mobile. However now that I've already switched service, my insurance for my previous model has been terminated and I'm stuck with a phone that will be rendered virtually unusable once I reach Spain. Xfinity has had three generations to fix this issue. Three generations of Android operating devices to provide e-sim support.

I absolutely hate with a burning passion ever feeling like an "entitled karen" of a service member and stating how companies don't support the troops. However that's exactly where I'm going to go with this, because dual sim/e-sim compatible phones are exactly what we shoot for. They're exactly what we need once being stationed away from home and at the mercy of foreign services and to hear that not only are we not going to be properly informed that there's no support for our devices that will assist us in that duty, but we are also not going to be properly reimbursed for the troubles that this causes is ridiculous.

Thirty plus years ago one could go without a cellular device and be perfectly fine. In today's day and age when every form of contact that my career would have for me is digitally, and for me to have no form of portable communication at the ready to support that endeavor is crippling. The military does not conform to my needs, they will not be understanding of my issue caused by xfinity. They'll tell me to "figure it out" and it will be entirely on my head once it escalates. I will have no means of "figuring it out" as I return to my country of duty in 2 days, and will not be returning to the US for roughly 9 months.

Lastly, my service member that sold me my device was Tatiyana (I believe that's correct) at the Fayetteville, GA location. This issue is in no way shape or form her fault, as after my issue was voiced to her she tried everything in her power and even worked with me for a solid 40 minutes to try and fix the problem. She even went as far as contacting the support department herself and walking the problem through them. She's a stellar hire and was more than willing to help with every concern that was presented.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same. I purchased an unlocked Samsung Galaxy s23 Ultra intending to use the Dual Sim feature of the phone for two mobile numbers on one device. Moving 2 other lines (4 total) I was told my eSim was incompatible with Xfinity Mobile. 

After some digging, a 2nd tier Xfinity Mobile Rep indicated it's such a new phone, and that eSIM support is coming. They intend to make an announcement in a few months. Hopefully by May. I will have to stay with Verion and T-Mobile until then. 

Right now, Xfinity mobile just wants to sell Galaxy s23 new carrier locked handsets, and worry about the BYOD purchased later. Poor business decision.

I bought my last dual sim S20+ on ebay, and it shipped from Japan. Asia phones come as physical nano sim cards. US phones are now 1 nano sim and 1 eSIM.

Hope this helps.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here