The Xfinity Communities mobile app gives you control over your internet-connected devices when you’re on the go. Manage your thermostat and lights from anywhere, easily lock and unlock doors, receive notifications for leak detection and view upcoming property events from one easy to use app.
App Tab Overview
Available features and tabs vary depending on the property’s available smart devices, services and agreement. Residents will only have access to the devices and features in which the property is enrolled. To see if your community is participating, contact your property manager.
Here's an overview of available features and tabs:
- Home tab: Control all your devices, lock and unlock your door and view leak alerts.
- Around Me: View common area cameras and community announcements posted by your property manager.
- Feed tab: View upcoming property events, community announcements and related news posted by your property manager.
- Settings tab: “Sign Out” of the app, view help and support articles and review the licensing and policy agreements.
Change the Temperature
- Sign into the Xfinity Communities mobile app.
- From the Home screen, locate the Thermostat tile.
- The thermostat tile displays:
- Ambient Temperature: The current temperature of your home is displayed on the bottom of the tile.
- Mode: There are three modes (Off, Heat, Cool).
- Thermostat Name: The name of your thermostat.
- Temperature Settings: The current temperature setting is displayed in the center of the tile.
- From the Thermostat tile, use the left or right arrow icon (<,>) to raise or lower the temperature, or tap the triple dot icon to open the Thermostat details screen.
- From the Thermostat details screen, select a Mode (Off, Heat and Cool), and raise and lower the bar to change the temperature.
Set a Thermostat Schedule
- Click the triple dot icon on the Thermostat tile to open the Thermostat details screen.
- Select the calendar icon in the top right corner to set up a thermostat schedule.
- Click Set Up on the Set up your schedule screen.
- Enter a name of the schedule and click Add.
- Click Add New on the Set up your schedule screen.
- Select a start time, select a mode at the bottom of the screen, select a temperature by sliding the bar and click Save.
- Select COPY SCHEDULE TO ANOTHER DAY to set the temperature for multiple days, place a check mark in the boxes for those days and click Apply.
- To add additional thermostat schedules, just click the calendar icon on the Thermostat details screen, then select the plus (+) icon at the top right.
- To delete a schedule, just swipe left and selectDelete.
You can also view your thermostat history by clicking the clock icon in the top-right of the Thermostat Details screen.
Control Light Switches and Dimmers
Device controls will vary depending on the smart device's available features (ex. dimmable lights).
- Sign in to the Xfinity Communities Mobile App.
- From the Home screen, locate the All Lights tile.
- From the All Lights tile, you can:
- Turn on/off all of the lights in your unit at the same time by clicking the light bulb icon.
- If the light is on, the light bulb icon will glow yellow.
- If the light is off, the light bulb icon is greyed out.
- Control the brightness of all the lights in your unit at once by selecting a percentage of brightness.
- You can tap Show less to hide all lights or Show more to view control of individual lights.
- You can also tap the triple dot icon in the top right of the tile to go right to the Dimmer screen.
- You can toggle individual lights on/off or select the arrow to open the Dimmer screen.
- From the Dimmer screen you can turn the light on/off and select the brightness by sliding the bar up to turn up brightness or down to dim the lights. You can also use the drop-down menu to select any light switch you would like to control.
Device controls will vary depending on the smart device's available features (e.g., multi-level adjustable shades).
Note: The shade controls in the app are used to adjust the current position of the shades only. The shade status in the app doesn’t show the live status. If you use the shade remote to adjust the shade position, the new status won’t automatically update in the app, you’ll need to toggle the shade control and select the desired position.
- From the Home screen, locate the All Shades tile.
- From the All Shades tile, you can
- Open/close all of the shades in your unit at the same time by clicking the window icon. If a shade is open, the window icon will be colored, or if the shade is closed, the window icon will be greyed out.
- Control the position of all the shades in your unit at once by selecting an open-shade percentage.
- You can tap Show less to hide all shades or Show more to view and control individual shades.
- You can also tap the triple dot icon in the top right of the tile to go right to the Shade control screen.
- You can toggle individual shades open/closed or select the arrow to open the Shade control screen.
- From the Shades control screen, you can open/close the shade and adjust the position of the shade by sliding the bar down to close the shade or up to open the shade. You can also use the drop-down menu to select any shade you would like to control.
Operate the Door Lock
Locks for Xfinity Communities properties can be connected either through the Xfinity Zwave network or Bluetooth. Refer to the directions below for your lock type.
- Schlage Bluetooth Lock
- Dormakaba Quantum Pixel Bluetooth lock
- Yale Assure Zwave Lock (YRD 226) — Pin Code Lock
If you have a Bluetooth lock, it’s important that Bluetooth is turned on for your mobile device and that you're within range of the lock.
- Sign into the Xfinity Communities mobile app.
- The Lock tile will display Scanning while searching for the lock.
- The Lock tile will display Out of Range - Pull to Refresh if your mobile device is out of Bluetooth range from the lock. Once you're within range of the lock, slide down the screen to refresh the lock to Scanning.
- The Lock tile will display Scan Locks Error if Bluetooth is turned off. Bluetooth must be turned on for the app to unlock the lock. Turn on Bluetooth and retry.
- Once the app scans the lock, the Lock tile will display Tap to Activate. Tap the Lock icon; the display will say Activating, then Ready to Open.
Note: Dormakaba locks require you to touch your phone to the lock sensor after you Tap to Activate to unlock the door.
- Yale Assure Lock Touchscreen Deadbolt (YRD 226) - Pin Code Lock
- To unlock or lock your door just tap the Lock icon.
Note: If your door jams, you’ll receive a notification in the Lock tile. If you are unable to lock/unlock your door due to a door jam, contact your Property Manager for assistance.
- Click the three dots in the upper right of the Lock tile to go to the Lock details screen. Here you can view your pin code or provide visitor access.
- To send a pin to visitors, click the arrow in the Visitors section to open the Visitors screen. Click Invite New in the top right corner.
- The Invite New screen will open. You can type in the visitor information, or you can select the person icon to select a name from your contacts list.
- Select the Access Time period for the pin to be active. You can choose 1 day, 2 days or 2 weeks. The pin will expire when the Access Time period ends, and the visitor will be automatically deleted.
- Click Send Pin (iPhone) or Share Pin (Android) and a message will pop-up reminding you to share the pin now, click Ok. If you don’t share the pin, you’ll need to go back to the Visitors screen and Invite New.
- Select how you want to share the automated message with the pin (text, email, etc.), and send the message. The pin will become active immediately.
- Active visitors will be stored on the Visitors screen until the pin expires and then they’ll be automatically deleted. You can also delete visitors by clicking the Trash Can icon next to the visitor’s name. You can have a maximum of 10 active visitors.
Detect Water With the Leak Sensor
If your unit is equipped with leak sensors, the sensor will sound when water is detected. Leak sensors are generally located under sinks, near water heaters or where water leaks are likely to occur. You’ll get a text message and, under the Sensors section in the app, the water droplet will turn blue and read Leak detected for the alarming leak detector. Once the leak sensor contact is dry, the device will stop alarming and the droplet in the app will return to grey and read No Leak.
Feed Tab and Notifications
Property managers and staff share upcoming property events and community announcements through the Feed tab, which keeps residents connected and informed on what’s happening in the community.
You can receive push notifications about upcoming property events by enabling notifications for the Xfinity Communities app on your mobile device:
For iPhone/iPad Devices
- Find and tap the Settings icon.
- From the Settings menu, find and tap the Notifications icon.
- From the Notifications menu, find and tap the Xfinity Communities app.
- Tap Allow Notifications, then choose your notification settings.
For Android Devices
- Find and open the Settings app. Tap Apps, Applications or Applications Manager.
- Find and tap the Xfinity Communities app.
- Tap Show Notifications.