The Xfinity Communities App
The Xfinity Communities app gives you the tools to live comfortably and conveniently by controlling smart locks, thermostats and lighting. Plus, with smart leak sensors, you can receive alerts if any water leaks are detected. Now you can be in control of your home – wherever you are – from one easy-to-use app.
Feeling at home never felt better. It’s simple to manage your home with a wide range of smart devices for easy living. So long, lockouts. Easily lock and unlock doors with your smartphone or your assigned key fob. Light up your life. Adjust lights in your home from anywhere – to help you manage time and energy. Warm-up to smart devices. Set your thermostat from anywhere or put it on a schedule, so your home is the perfect temperature – all the time. Detect leaks before they cause damage. With these smart leak sensors, you’ll be notified when a leak is detected.
Features of the App
Changing the Temperature
- Use the left arrow or right arrow icon on the thermostat tile to set your desired temperature.
- Or, you can set your desired temperature by selecting the triple dot icon in the top-right of the thermostat tile.
- Adjust the temperature by using the slider bar
- To turn your Heating or Cooling system off, select the Off button on the bottom-left.
Setting Thermostat Schedule
- Click the triple dot icon in the top-right of the thermostat tile.
- Select the calendar icon in the top-right.
- Click Set Up.
- Name your schedule, then click Add.
- Select the time in the top-right you'd like your schedule to start and adjust the temperature slider bar icon to your preference. Then, click Save.
- On the next screen, you may copy this schedule by putting checkmarks beside other days of the week. Click Apply in the top-right to apply your schedule.
Operating a Light Switch
- Select the light bulb icon in the Light Switch tile that you would like to turn on or off.
- From here, you can dim the light by selecting the triple dot icon in the top-right.
- Then, slide the slider bar icon to your preferred setting.
Operating the Door Lock
Select the lock icon (two arrows forming a circle) to unlock or lock the deadbolt.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.