U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 19th, 2022 6:15 PM

Closed

YouTube app

There is an issue with the Xfinity cable box YouTube app. Essentially the play button no longer works or is even recognized. If you fast forward, rewind or pause a YouTube video, you can’t restart it. If you press the play button, it just sits there and nothing happens. I’ve tried every other button, and voice controlled play and nothing works. It’s as if the app doesn’t recognize play anymore.  It isn’t an issue with my remote control either, as that play/pause button still works to pause the video, it just can’t make it play again after pressing it. It’s also not an issue with my particular cable box or app, as I just went to my parents house a town away and the same issue occurred on their box. This issue makes it almost impossible to watch YouTube videos through the Xfinity app unless you’re prepared to watch the video from start to finish without stopping. 

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

2 years ago

@user_6b2cea Thank oyu for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We would love to look into this. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here