swdove's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

XPods frequently losing connection to gateway

I'm having the same issue as this topic but can't reply to it:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-xFi/xpods-keep-disconnecting-on-a-daily-basis/td-p/3324786

I've had my XPods for over a year and they were reliable until about two weeks ago. Now all three of my pods will intermittently drop their connection to my gateway and any devices connected to the pod that disconnects also loses internet until the pod reconnects. I've restarted my gateway and the pods themselves multiple times without any improvement. I called customer service and they were only able to run diagnostics on the gateway itself and couldn't see a problem but told me they would be "monitoring" it. This is making it impossible for me to work from my home office as I will randomly lose internet connectivity throughout the day. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same issue here. Even after purchasing new pods

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I’m having the same problem. I noticed my x1 system has a new firmware. It’s probably messed up the pods. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem here. I’ve purchased 3 sets of the 6 packs and they are now virtuously useless. They worked fine for the past year until the past 2 or 3 weeks. I had a tech out this past Saturday and he was unable to fix, said they only sell the device but it was not designed or manufactured by Comcast, nor do they have anything to do with the software. They sure took my money. I plan on calling and demanding a refund

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Update: the 3-pak of pods are sitting in a closet somewhere!  the pods became a drag to the point would have to reconnect.  I did all the tricks including deleting them off my account, let them "initialize-optimize"

Anyways here is the good news. with the new XFi box. pods are not needed for my home anymore.  I may put them in the out buildings or something. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here