U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 20th, 2023 4:22 AM

Closed

xfinity wifi hotspot app for iPhone crashes immediately when trying to open

Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app (IOS) wont work!!  When I try to launch app on my iPhone 11, it flashes for less than 1/2 sec then closes. Tried every troubleshooting tip from this forum and Google and no results. (Note: had app on same iPhone for 3yrs until i cxnld service/deleted app in ‘22. No issues. Restarted svc and reinstalled app 3 weeks ago.)

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

-uninstalled/reinstalled 22 times(fr)

-verified latest version of app

-IOS software is up to date

-emailed xfinity support and never got any response 

please help!!!!!

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having this same problem on iPad Pro. Uninstalled,reinstalled,restarted and verified updates, nothing works.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for commenting on your shared concerns, @user_273424! I'm sorry to hear about this issue with the Xfinity Hotspots App. It looks like the OP sent us a Direct Message, and we continued with them privately. We're happy to do the same for you so that we can troubleshoot further with you! Could you please send our team a DM to get started?

To send a direct message:

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. Thank you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Why can’t you just post the solution here? Why do we have to dm you 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_mdp37u! Thanks for reaching out over our forums page and for patiently waiting for a response as to why we have asked for a DM. The only time we would do that is when we need to discuss account specifics. One example would be to privately share the XFINITY ID being used or we may need the MAC address of the hot spot you are connecting too. One option to try without having to send us a direct message is a password reset to your XFINITY ID by visiting xfinity.com/password. Have you tried this yet? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here