U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, June 4th, 2023 1:49 PM

Closed

Xfinity Utilities

In most used apps, my child is regularly accessing “xfinity utilities”.  What exactly is this.  Is it the xfinity app?  Is it automatic maintenance?  

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

1 year ago

That is a great question, @user_2396da! Thank you so much for asking this question here on our Xfinity Forums page. "Xfinity Utilities" is most likely referring to the Xfinity App itself. The Xfinity app is the easiest way to manage your Xfinity experience, now all in one place.

Do you know if your child is logging in as a Primary user or Manager user on this? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityKimberlyB​ I do not know.  He is a gamer and in the past has tried to configure the router to suite his needs.  He swears he isn’t doing anything to interact with xfinity.  But it has shown up four times this week in his most used apps.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

I am not showing Xfinity Utilities listed on what it may be reporting. Here's the general list. However, the Xfinity app in the app store is listed as a "Utility". This can also include the mobile app to check data usage, and other account management. The stream app may also be included in this, but typically shows up separate as streaming. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I have screen shots from four different days of it showing up for 10-30 minutes at a time.  I’d like to feel comfortable that he is not changing settings, but I really am hoping to figure out what this access means.  

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

We do not have specific details of what has been used outside of what you're seeing on your end, but our Customer Security Assurance team can review further with you and may help pinpoint what the usage is from. They may be reached at 1-888-565-4329.. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thanks for your help!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here