B

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, November 14th, 2022 7:03 AM

Closed

Xfinity purple screen loop

I am stuck in a loop. All of my login info is correct I've tried my email, phone number, and Xfinity ID. It just says you are already logged in and returns me to the purple XFINITY screen. I have tried different verification by text nad email and authenticator. I have tried powering on off my gateway. I have tried my Iphone 14, my pixel 6, and also my oneplus9. All the same loop. I have 2 devices paused temporarily that I can no longer unpause because I cannot log into the gateway. This could cause me potential problems if I fail to unpause my devises this week.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am also facing this issue, i have tried contacting support but they cant seem to do anything about it. I have tried resetting the gateway, uninstalling the app and reinstalling, tried on different devices and also on different networks (connected to home network and mobile as well as a separate home network dissociated with xfinity) as well as many others. Nothing seems to work and it just loops like OP described.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityBrendan @XfinityCMFA @XfinityVijaya @XfinityThomas @XfinityPatrice @XfinityJessica @XfinityNadine @XfinityKatieM @XfinityOrlando @XfinityJMac @XfinityTommy @XfinityNCOE @XfinityDanD @XfinityNilima @XfinityNathan @XfinityLauraL @XfinityBenjamin @XfinityJesse @XfinityCarl @XfinityJenn @XfinityJohnW @XfinityIdris @XfinityJason @XfinityNate Can you all work together to finally come up with a solution to this issue, there seems to be a large number of posts surrounding this particular topic. After reading all of them there doesn't seem to be a precise answer. Mostly you just send the people to the xfinitysupport dm who by the way doesn't respond very fast if at all. I think it would be benificial for everyone if you found an actuall solution and posted the  answer on the forum. I believe in you, you can do it!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yes, I agree. I have never had this problem last this long, all of the other times the app would loop back to the start screen it would  clear itself up in an hour or so. It has almost been a week, this problem for me started last Thursday.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Good afternoon, @bstein10 and thread. I am no longer seeing this issue. Our Engineering team have resolved it. Can you please check and see if you are able to login once again or if the issue is still occurring?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

Nope....i'm still getting the loop

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hey @matthias8422. Our team has completed all work for the log in loop issue for all our customers. I want to confirm with you the problem has been resolved at this time. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Ok, I got the same problem, it just can’t get in the APP.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hello everyone here! 
We appreciate you all reaching out to let us know about this ongoing login issue. Our teams are currently aware of the issue and are working towards a fix as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. We will continue to monitor the issue so we can check back in to confirm you all have been able to log in again once the software repair has been pushed out. :) 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Anyone have a solution to this?

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hello, @user_f2d3db! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear that you are running into this issue. Are you connected to your gateway when you try to load the app? Have you tried to switch to mobile data and then tried to laaunch the Xfinity app to see if that corrects the issue?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have a purple screen also that says this device needs to be activated before we can

continue. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

They still have not given me an official fix for this. I waisted so much time resetting everything and trying to log in from different devices, I was so [Edited: "Language"]. After trying for almost 2 weeks out of no where it just started working again. Now I can no longer rely on Xfinity app to pause devices because if the app craps out and my kid needs internet for school I cannot unpause his devices. I had to buy a separate router like Tp-link or net gear for instance, so I can have a reliable internet manager. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Bstein10​ I was able to get it working again by completely uninstalling the app (Samsung tv) and reinstalling it.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here